Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 1)

Now that you mention it, I had some ramen on a recent trip to Hokkaido.

But nothing beats homemade.

10 Likes

Ah, with a well-coked ramen egg. Yum.

9 Likes

Why a bottle of red wine there though?

3 Likes
8 Likes

great post! I made maple glazed red kuri squash for mum and me, yesterday. section the kuri into half inch slivers, toss with EVOO and maple syrup, hot smoked paprika, red chile flakes and bake. toast some chopped hazelnuts (o walnuts) in a dry skillet and serve on top. hit it with lemon juice and serve it up! great taste, simple veg dish!
edit tyop

8 Likes

Also…

8 Likes

That is White Zinfandel. The Grandma equivalent of Dad Beers.

Speaking of Grandma. This is our first Thanksgiving without mom’s mom. And it was her favorite holiday. So I got a bug up my ass to make her clam dip.

8 Likes

To double down on emotional shit shows. Think I forgot to mention this. My mother gave me a few family cook books about a week back. My grandfather’s copy of Mary Margaret McBrides Encyclopedia of Cooking. My Great Grandmother’s cook book, and a community cook book from Maine where she had some recipes featured.

All well used and badly in need of rebinding.

11 Likes

Love the vintage Corningware (?) baking dish

10 Likes

Oh my! I love old cookbooks! They always use more lard in everything. Mmm… lard.

9 Likes

… and bacon grease in the biscuits!
pass that gravy, if you please!

9 Likes

That is so wonderful.

7 Likes

Also Grandma’s!

Same one she used to use for hot dips!

9 Likes

A success!

Brisket, mashed taters and gravy with peas, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes with a bourbon glaze. Yum!

12 Likes

That looks delicious! Congrats on a marvelous looking dinner!

5 Likes

I munched so much while cooking that, even though I thought I was being sensible while loading my plate, I could only eat about half and the rest awaits me for a midnight snack or savory breakfast.

We also always make clam dip (the cold, cream cheese version) but haven’t even tried it yet. Too stuffed.

7 Likes

Yes please! Looks great. :heart::pray:t3:

5 Likes

First time spatchcocking a Turkey.
I think it worked. Cooling now.

12 Likes

laugh ron GIF

Sorry! Looks perfectly done, though! Was it a shorter cooking time?

7 Likes

Complete. Still has too much oregano in it. But made it a bit easier to get through the day.

9 Likes