Happy Mutants food topic

I know anecdotal evidence isn’t really reliable but having been in the region once or twice these lemons are the ones I remember and the ones I was told there were used for limoncello.

Edit: I should probably add that by “the region” I mean the gulf of Naples and the Amalfi coast, which, as I understand it, is where limoncello comes from. I just now see on Wikipedia that Sicily apparently also makes the stuff and I have no first hand experience with their citrus fruits

4 Likes

No idea whether limoncello was invented there, but they do make a good one.
Also, the people are technically mutants.

7 Likes

Yeah the town of Amalfi claims to have invented it. As does Sorrento, several towns in Sicily, and multiple places further north where the liqueur has a slightly different name. Because Italy each of these areas would have their own variety of lemon, and insult grandmothers over it being the only right lemon.

Most of them are apparently sfusato lemons, and there is apparently an Amalfi sfusato. The peninsula containing Amalfi, Sorrento and Naples does seem to generally be regarded as where it’s originally from. ETA: Both the lemon and limoncello.

4 Likes
4 Likes

this is why i generally use a process known as “sweating” to cook garlic and shallots in my own dishes.

3 Likes

I use the Paulie system.

2 Likes

I’ll file this under “d’uh”

2 Likes

Truth.

1 Like

4 Likes

Don Caprese

1 Like