Has anyone tried the ALLPOWERS 80W foldable solar panel?

Yeah, a Westy with a hundred foot tower attached to it will be a bit unwieldy!

3 Likes

like camping in taco country?!

wait what? they both make excellent diesel generators. honda generators are champs.

yeah, they seem to have the market really dialed, and they seem to last also, i’m sure they have their limits but they always seem to work when needed which is the first thing i want in a generator.

They make a ton of diesel generators, are you saying they don’t make diesel fuel? i’m confused. likely i’m just missing the entire argument altogether? (been known to happen)

1 Like

They don’t appear to have much presence in diesel anything. The only direct reference to a Honda diesel 2 seconds of google shows me is a video about a generator model that suspiciously says “HONDA DIESEL” on the side. I suspect this is mythological (like Chicago). So while it doesn’t really surprise me they make them. I dunno about “tons” at least in the US. Its just not something I’ve seen. Not something I see listed on their US generator site. I’m not aware of them making a marine diesel, and I would be aware cause I’m all nautical and shit over here. And diesel for cars seems like a new thing for them.

My point was less about whether Honda does or doesn’t, or buy a Honda or not. And more that the fact that Honda gas generators are absolutely pervasive, and various brands of propane/natgas are the only visible alternative. That not knowing much of the subject I would assume that diesel is probably not the way to go. Or Honda would be on that shit more. Though maybe I should be assuming that Honda Diesel is a bad thing. I get the whole early adopter bad thing. But given what I know about boat engines, Honda+Diesel just as a concept makes me a little excited down stairs.

1 Like

Maths are the best at answering a question like this. Here are two calculators that I’ve found invaluable when building solar power system:

http://solarelectricityhandbook.com/solar-irradiance.html
&
https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/tools/solar-calculator.html

As stated in the comments above I would agree that this proposed setup might be lacking.

Depth of discharge is a yuge factor often overlooked with lead acid batteries. If you go below 50% your length of the battery’s operational life is greatly reduced. So you must figure that you only have 22ah.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.