I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

Puny mortals.

5 Likes

I would start punching everything.

4 Likes

Green olives, pineapple and salami with chili pepper flakes is my go to pizza of choice.
Sweet, salty, and spicy! Om nom nom.

9 Likes

Nom Nom indeed. Again with the afternoon ‘make me hungry’ talk!

7 Likes

There is a person in my life who likes to make meatloaf with pimento olives and pineapples tidbits. With a layer of ketchup all over the top. The first time, I was horrified, but it isn’t bad. Except I did scrape off the ketchup.

6 Likes

to replace it with mustard and mayo?

[ha! back on topic!]

5 Likes

And here is where I have concerns about Pineapple on pizza.

I love a good Canadian Bacon pizza. Did you catch that? Canadian. Bacon. Pizza. No Pineapple. I am not disparaging those who want pineapple on their pizza. But I want my Canadian Bacon Pizza to be: Crust, Light Tomato Sauce, Cheese and several slices of Canadian Bacon. It is beautiful in its simplicity.

But ever since the Mid-80s, a Canadian Bacon Pizza will be delivered with pineapple unless force is used to restrain the pizza dude from adding the bits of fruit carelessly to the pie.

And this is what I have to say to the Pineapple Pizza Controversy

6 Likes

I am concerned more with the overall rarity of Canadian bacon in USian cuisine. It’s superior to ham in almost every way, and I’d almost always gladly choose it instead of pepperoni. And while perhaps not better than ordinary bacon, certainly a worthy alternative in many applications (such as pizza).

Canadian bacon and goat cheese sounds like it’d be heavenly. Or teriyaki chicken with pineapple. …or Canadian bacon and pineapple.

4 Likes

Ok. Gather 'round, USians.

We need to talk Bacon for a minute.

See, that “Canadian bacon” you all love so much?

It’s ham. We call it ham. We don’t call it Canadian Bacon.

The closest thing we have to Canadian Bacon is Peameal Bacon, which is cured pork backs, and nothing like what you call “Canadian Bacon”.

So please, let’s just all agree to call it ham, ok?

Peameal Bacon:

ETA: Oh, and to bring this ontopic: Condiments for a peameal sandwich? Mustard. No ketchup.

8 Likes

I just ate and now I am hungry again. :yum:

6 Likes

Right. British bacon is similar, but rounder, to these goblets of ham. Damned fools, the whole lot of 'em, naming two different things the same thing. :7

2 Likes

I grew up on Smithfield salt cured country ham that would kill most grown men without something to drink nearby. Yummm.

3 Likes

Eggs, cheese, and butter.

4 Likes

You mean the coffee that goes in the skillet? I always take a swig first too.

4 Likes

Can you explain how much a “rasher of bacon” is. I would look it up by my internet is down and I’m mailing in all of my BBS posts via 3.5 x 5" postcard.

TIA!

5 Likes

That too. Depends on if you want a breakfast version or not, I suppose.

Of course, I still add Mustard to the breakfast verison, too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well culinarylore.com is telling me it’s a single slice of bacon. But my George RR Martin reading had me convinced it was more than that…

So, in the end, I did a search, I made a post, and don’t seem to have accomplished anything. Except to say that no condiments are needed on bacon. Bacon is its own condiment.

9 Likes

Profound. And yet so deliciously true.

10 Likes

Correct single serving nomenclature is “slab.”

4 Likes

You’ve lost me on that one! I’ve been sleepy enough making breakfast at O dark 30 where that just might happen but

4 Likes