I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

By which you mean to say “anything is allowed on hot dogs, since they are bad”, right? :smiley_cat:

Hebrew National. That is all.

2 Likes

I grew up greatly favoring something called white hots, as opposed to regular hot dogs, and I was going to ask if other people here were familiar with them. Aha, Wikipedia is… How about that, I did not know that they originated in Western New York (as did I).

For the record: Grilled. Ketchup; only ketchup, and only Heinz.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Surprised there was no Sonora Dog present but L.A. FTW!

3 Likes

I don’t want to eat a dog without the pork scrapings,

3 Likes

Up here in Canada, French’s ketchup is pretty popular (even moreso now I wager that terrifs are going to be applied to Heinz). Problem is, it just doesn’t taste the same! Enough so that I notice, and can’t use it on hotdogs/hamburgers.

Also, Happy Hot dog day!

4 Likes

Today I learned that you can buy KETCHUP POPCORN SEASONING, a powder to shake on your popcorn. (I’m sure I’m behind the curve, and you’ve all heard of this. Apparently it’s popular in Canadian movie theaters? I need to get out more.)

https://www.amazon.com/Just-Poppin-Tru-POP-Ketchup-Seasoning/dp/B00FN6JK3O/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1534302441&sr=8-4&keywords=ketchup%2Bpopcorn%2Bseasoning&th=1

Also, don’t forget your HONEY MUSTARD POPCORN SEASONING, in a 4 lb. jar (don’t worry if that’s not enough for you—the text says that larger sizes are available!!)

https://www.amazon.com/POPCORN-SEASONING-HONEY-MUSTARD-2376/dp/B0067FIEDW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534303065&sr=8-3&keywords=honey+mustard+popcorn+seasoning

5 Likes

6 Likes

When I was kid, I would put pickle relish on my popcorn at the movie theater. Somehow this seems wrong.

2 Likes

I like me some Moxie, and I like me some mustard, but this may be pushing it.
Found in the reduced for quick sale section, so I must not be the only one who thinks that.

Cheers to @zfirphdn

2 Likes

“MOXIE MEETS MUSTARD”–maybe they’re going to battle it out.

(What?!? Coca-Cola has bought Moxie? I’ve never had Moxie, but it makes me sad to learn that.)

2 Likes

What it really needs is the cayenne pepper.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Slaw. The slawdog is the meal of the gods. Especially if you use a good bratwurst instead of the standard dog!

3 Likes

My personal favorite brat recipe so far:

1. Start with a big 'old can of beer. Something strong tasting and cheap. Old Style is my preference. Pour into a pot.
  2. Add coarse sea salt to the beer.
  3. Chop the biggest white onion you can find, and add to beer. I like a sweet white onion, but most any will do.
  4. Get some brats. Puncture them lightly along their length on both sides with a toothpick.
  5. Boil the brats until they are cooked through, and the onions are also translucent.
  6. Finish the brats with a mild char on the grill, or frying pan, skillet, etc.
  7. Optionally, carmelize the onions in a nonstick pan with a little bit of butter and beer broth.
  8. Grind up brown mustard seed, yellow mustard seed, shallots, white wine and a touch of vinegar in a blender or food processor.
  9. Serve brats on toasted buns with the mustard and onions.
  10. As a finishing step, if using a charcoal grill or campfire or similar, take a large bottle of Heinz ketchup, take the cap off and throw the entire bottle on the fire.
5 Likes

Very similar to our family recipe, esp the seasoned beer boil. Step 10 is absolutely mandatory. (BTW, if you forget to take the lid off, hilarity ensues. Don’t ask how I know.)

5 Likes

Mmmmm, camelized onions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Oh, I went back and reread the first part of the thread. Good times. Also, there’s a lot of people who I miss seeing here. :cry:

(I hate ketchup. :face_vomiting:)

8 Likes