Help raise $5M in 30 days to send anti-corruption politicians to America with Mayday.US PAC

It’s a valid concern. I think, wait, I am sure that he has considered his options and has decided to try to oppose [his perception of] what is corrupt from within the currently functioning system. In his big Ted talk, he states unequivocally that he loves his country. To advocate overthrow just isn’t within his purview. What is the rational alternative to overthrow? Use the system against itself. That’s what he’s proposing. It’s simple, not simple-minded. (Yet.)

If he thinks that 5 million will buy some good guys then great. I’m willing to give 10 bucks towards that worthy goal, and I hope half a million other like-minded brothers and sisters do, too. And when it meets only partial success, I’ll think about dropping another ten. Let’s just see how this one goes, first.

2 Likes

I don’t think you are concern trolling, nor trolling at all, I just sincerely don’t understand your approach here. It doesn’t appear to be constructive criticism and I’m not seeing your alternative plan. That’s why I’m asking you what you think is a better plan. Where do you think our efforts are better served? Otherwise, it just comes off as empty naysaying and not much more, in my opinion.

If you’re simply at a loss for any actionable plans and don’t know of a better, tangible plan aside from amorphously bearfucking the status quo then I’m not sure of the relevance here.

The people involved in this project are well aware this isn’t a panacea for all the problems within our system. It’s just one attack from many fronts. I don’t think anyone is claiming otherwise, do you?

1 Like

Well, I have strong, visceral reactions against the two things I listed as my concerns: Lessig’s specialty, copyright-trademark-internet, makes me wince with its almost complete lack of application to the larger issues underlying market corruption and the political corruption that follows; and seeing McKinnon’s face on the list of principals makes me think that they are just going to walk right into a propeller (chainsaws, bears, there’s a theme here, to be followed by a combine harvester) just like all the establishment politicos who used his services have done during the last decade.

At this point I’m just repeating myself. I also listed some reasons why my nervousness may be wrong. I suppose I should read Lessig’s more in-depth stuff. Ted talks don’t really do anything justice.

[needs citation]

2 Likes

The bio page on the Mayday site.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.