Here's the trailer for the new Indiana Jones movie featuring a digitally de-aged Harrison Ford

so this one’ll somehow be nazis on the moon? with an astrolabe-ish “dial”? (“wish we could send some of our current crop of nazis to the moon”)

3 Likes

That “dial of destiny” title sure invokes images of a ticking clock and the inexorable march of time. Kinda like that “60 minutes” stopwatch when it’s at the end of an episode. Funny that that’s what they go with for a title when they’re trying so hard to cheat destiny with digital facelifts.

3 Likes

Well, I’m happy; I didn’t realize that John Rhys-Davies still walked among us.

10 Likes

Even Young Indian Jones is now 57 :smile:

13 Likes

Did you forget to check under the table?

drunk-gimli-gif

11 Likes

… if they’re going by X-Files rules, I think it’s “sometimes the hero doubts his own memories”

2 Likes

Yes, I’m cautiously optimistic. It doesn’t seem as cartoonish as the previous one. If there are no aliens and no Mutts, and Nazis are the enemies, there is at least a chance it can capture the old spirit.

6 Likes

Hey it’s okay. If you just really believe they won’t exist any more.

Worst title ever

7 Likes

This is probably the movie to get me back in a theater. There is an Emagine two blocks from our daughter’s place, they have a private screening room that I may have to book for the four of us just for this movie.

I figure all the Indy movies were fantasy and not believable so I have no problem with however this one goes.

I’m one of those weirdos that enjoyed Crystal Skull so looking forward to this last one.

If I decide not see it in a theater it might be the excuse I need to drop some cash on a new 65" TV with a Bose soundbar and sub woofer and wait for streaming.

I couldn’t tell he was digitally de-aged but if I see this with my son in law, a computer graphics artist/engineer something or other, he’ll fill me in on all high tech stuff.

4 Likes

Indy and Salla? that music? screw the haters whose inner children have died. i’m in.

6 Likes

Here’s a fun frame by frame speculation about what’s going on in the trailer.

Concerns re SFX quality? As long as Nazis are getting obliterated… okay by me.

4 Likes

As long as he punching Nazis - or pureeing them in airplane props - I’m along for the ride. Though maybe not in the theater.

10 Likes

Spoilers: 'Indiana Jones' 5 Worse Than Thought Reveals Test Screening
I never saw Crystal Skull but it ranks as one of the worst ever Pitch Meetinged.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Pitch Meeting - YouTube

Crystal Skull jumped the shark so hard it coined a phrase for how hard it jumped the shark:

12 Likes

Crystal Skull is by no means a good movie, but it isn’t terrible. Temple of Doom, on the other hand, suuuuuuucks. Even the way overrated “Anything Goes” intro isn’t as good as the jitterbug contest in 1941.

Also, “aliens” do not automatically equal “science fiction.” Ancient astronauts are every bit as fanciful as 700-year-old Crusaders.

ANYWAY, I’m psyched for the new one and giving it the benefit of the doubt. I boldly predict this series will end up the opposite of the Star Trek movies, i.e., the odd-numbered ones will be the good ones. We’ll chalk it up to the “Sallah Effect.”

3 Likes

Spoiler: sources for that first link include a pseudonymous YouTuber, famed authority “they,” and “4chan rumors.”

1 Like

We already had this whole discussion on another thread but suffice it to say that you’re squarely in the minority in your opinion that Temple of Doom is worse than both Crystal Skull and 1941.

8 Likes

Looks better than the last one, which isn’t saying much at all. I’ll pass. Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favorite movies and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is one of my favorite games, but the rest of it I tend to ignore. Last Crusade gets credit for being okay, but still has some rough edges I could do without (like Marcus Brody being turned into a bumbling doofus).

3 Likes