Here's what hospital food looks like in Japan

That sucks. I’m sorry. It’s not to hard to include a vegetarian option, especially in a major city in Cali.

A quick google image search in Japanese shows that what is shown here is not typical

1 Like

I had a massive pulmonary embolism with cardiac arrest when I was stationed in Misawa, Japan in 1984. I spent a week in a Japanese hospital, and the meals consisted of rice, cold cabbage, and some other cold vegetables. The families of the other patients camped out in the hallways and brought them food each day.

2 Likes

Wait, what? Even our cantina (not a gourmet restaurant) in a northern Germany town has one vegetarian dish out of three in total.

1 Like

Thats pretty usual. IIRC thats what my wife’s family did when MiL was hospitalized.

Are we still talking about the US here? When my wife was in hospital recently here in Norway they even fed me. I did bring in a few things but they were things like snack food, crisps, chocolate, and so on.

Ah, that explains a lot, doing the studies on a population that tends towards hypertension. SALT DOESN’T CAUSE HYPERTENSION!! It exacerbates the condition, but a lot a salt will not give you the disease. (Confessions of a salt junkie)

1 Like

Nope, Japan.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.