How hedge funds, Goldman Sachs, and corrupt executives used Gymboree's chaotic bankruptcy to cash out while destroying the careers of loyal employees

Is there an asshole whisperer out there who can persuade the next school/concert/place of worship shooter to go light up a private equity firm that specializes in leveraged buyouts instead? Ya know, get the rats to eat themselves and stuff, be remembered as a folk hero instead of a racist shitbag.

2 Likes

Came here for this: i want to see some goddamn guillotines.

3 Likes

Warned everyone Toys R Us would go bankrupt (after NYT helped us stop Bain Capital taking Toys R Us public) as a result of Sachs & Bain Capital racketeering.

It did and Toys R Us is DEAD; and DOJ simply doesn’t give a hoot.

4 Likes

We reported over 200 GSachs & Bain Cap. case crimes to SEC, FBI and DOJ; but they refuse to address them (because Sachs and Bain guys are top Fed agents).
It’s easy to escape Justice if you are able to “retroactively” retire from your organized crimes and your employed agents (Jay Clayton and Colm Connolly) are the federal agents controlling - whether or not - you get investigated!

4 Likes

You’re powerless. All you can do is remember to not expect a severance package and to immediately start looking for another job. And cross your fingers, this can’t always be fatal to a company, right?

I would call these bastards vultures, but that doesn’t account for how they are responsible for the company’s death first. Maybe komodo dragons, with their deadly bacterial saliva that slowly kills their prey over the course of several days, before the prey’s eventually devoured, are better metaphors for them.

5 Likes

As I understand it, these firms don’t necessarily want to see the companies they own fail. If they can, they’ll clean it up a bit, and take it public again (still debt-laden), or maybe by some miracle it will emerge again as a profitable firm. However: the whole deal is structured in the form of “heads I win, tails you lose.” The buyout firm wins in any case, because the investment is often structured mostly with other people’s money, and while under their control, they can pay themselves big salaries and pay their firm big management fees from the firm’s assets. Those payments continue even as the company spirals into bankruptcy, and maybe even during bankruptcy.

5 Likes

It’s like they see someone floundering in the ocean calling for help, and they toss him an anvil. They may not necessarily want to see the person drown, but they really don’t care.

2 Likes

NOT cool!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.