How USB happened

I was talking about cables. But even this case, it at worst it corrupts the data, and even that is pretty rare. I’m not aware of any physical damage happening from that. But fine, pedantry points scored, great job.

1 Like

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/nanoraptor/status/1490933812628312067?s=21

Equally cursed

1 Like

its-so-beautiful-cry

3 Likes

Their Twitter feed is a cornucopia of fanciful renditions of deeply cursed connectors and hardware.

2 Likes

I had a look, and Twitter has been showing me pictures from that account for a while. Sometimes the algorithms work.

2 Likes

USB happened, and it keeps happening

2 Likes

USB was where Macs fell behind. I remember having the HOT AF Mac at the time (MacIIfx) with all the bells, whistles, slots but no USB port. I actually had to buy a 3rd-party USB card AND download some drivers to get the Mac to work with it. Apple’d ADB port, which I remember not being hot-swappable, was pretty much all you got. Blech…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

The Mac IIfx was a tasty machine for sure, but it came out in 1990. The first USB ports didn’t appear on a computer until 1996. The 1998 iMac was the first Mac with USB, which was also the year Windows first had built-in support for it with Windows 98 SE.

1 Like