Human Grey Poupon stain Ethan Couch to be released from prison

Thanks for posting that link.

For the TLDR folk,

Critics charged that Boyd had given a free pass to Couch because he was white and wealthy, noting that in 2004, Boyd sentenced Eric Miller, a sixteen-year-old from a poor family, to twenty years imprisonment for killing one person while driving drunk.[10] The 2004 case did differ to some extent from the Couch case, though, in that the defendant in the 2004 case committed a separate felony on the night in question, stealing a truck. However, in Couch’s case, he had stolen a truck from his father, which was viewed as a lesser offense.

So…she stepped down a year after she gave Ethan Couch such a light sentence.

As for the impotent rage, I felt the same way but after reading this link, I assume Boyd retired after the backlash from her light sentence for Couch.

In cases like this, I also think it’s important to say the names of the victims killed by Couch: Breanna Mitchells, Hollie Boyles and her daughter Shelby, and Brian Jennings. I won’t bother to mention the people who were drinking with him and voluntarily rode with him.

But I will also quote this,

At the age of fifteen, Couch was cited for “minor in consumption of alcohol” and “minor in possession of alcohol,” after he was caught in a parked pick-up truck with a naked, passed out 14-year-old girl.

If we talk about him and not his victims, then we help him win. If we always talk about his victims, then we always link him to his hideous actons and choices.

8 Likes