I can't believe it took this long for someone to make a Bitcoin-mining space heater

I typically record the temperature in the room from 2 different positions, over a course of either 2 or 4 hours. I look not only at which ones warm the room the fastest, but also, which ones provide the most uniform cooling across the two temperature readings.

1 Like

maybe , quite possibly , not all space heaters which are nominally rated as 1500 watts are actually 1500 watts ??
also , somewhere , from many years ago , i have plans for a solar powered raspberry pi cluster running blockchain algorithms in forth ; a low cost and low power almost nearly viable solution , when the chains were much younger and smaller

When I was in college I wasn’t allowed to have a space heater in the dorm, but our heating was very old, so I installed Folding@home on my desktop and laptop and let them run a full blast. This approach has it’s uses, but at least that was doing something functionally useful to someone, instead of playing a zero sum game.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.