I found the perfect distraction-free writing device

What are you talking about? It’s a standard YTREWQ keyboard.

5 Likes

.remooB ,KO

1 Like

I actually expected an old Smith-Corona manual typewriter.

1 Like

yes

1 Like

Yes, it says so on the wiki, but what happens when the batteries are replaced? Is there some backup coin cell like in some graphing calculators?

But does it have a vi mode?

3 Likes

Yes. Button battery backup is in the house.

2 Likes

I have that exact keyboard in my gadget drawer.

Just not attached to a device. It’s NOT full-size, but maybe 80%, which makes typing a bit awkward if you’re used to a full sized keyboard’s muscle memory.

I still have my quad-fold Targus Stowaway keyboard for my Handspring Visor somewhere. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I kept my Palm Vx around for years after I should have… what I really want out of a tablet is not far off what they had. And I’ve never found the equal to the (pretty expensive) folding Palm Vx keyboard for being compact, robust, easy to set up and type upon.

2 Likes

I’m kind of amazed that- in addition to colonizing your screen with attractive nuisances, the computer industry has managed to get us to buy a whole new gizmo to maintain in addition to what we’re already using.

But this thread inspired me to try plugging my desktop keyboard into my phone, just to make this post… This is how can tell I’m an obsolete relic of the bad old days: I am amazed that the connection worked the very first time, no driver uploads or IRQ settings to adjust, or nutthin!

Truly we live in remarkable times!

I wonder, is there a rating for keyboards related to typos? Like, are some keyboard types (or models) more prone to striking them incorrectly either by layout, position, or type (e.g. standard vs. membrane, etc.).

It seems odd that something so totally ubiquitous and ingrained in modern tech doesn’t seem to have a standard measure for striking accuracy.

… and if you lose/damage it, it’s not as heartbreaking as losing/damaging a more expensive unit. Truly a no-worry text-only storage machine.

I have maybe another model of this, and my biggest problem with it is that it can do character count, but it doesn’t know from word count in English.

1 Like

I like the device and have been using it for a few months but can you figure out the outline feature (ctrl+1) splits the screen but i can’t figure out how to write in the left column. Did you ever figure it out. It seems to be the killer feature the dm100 and dm200 don’t have.

It’s in the manual but sadly can’t read Japanese. Any assistance?

Stanley

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.