I read Crime and Punishment so that you don't have to

I tried to reply, but found the links recursive, finally came back to the board to find the raw post here, and got only this…

I can only say I appreciate the break down. I am surprised, as I have had at least one friend point me to “the trial”, anyway as recommended reading. I have been impressed by some russian writers, and loved Daywatch and Nightwatch (on netflix now, btw).

(From a security perspective, having dabbled in work not unlike counterintelligence, have since soaked up every russian counterintelligence book there has been just about… and been consistently impressed with the society’s culture and the way it promotes a manner of tactical and strategic thinking.)

But, yeah. Never got into any book recommended just because it is stamped OKAY or GOOD by mainstream.

Got into unorthodox school as quickly as I could, and ever since have found while I can like very mainstream products, like from american cinema… still my very favorite is probably always going to be highly obscure. (Liquid Sky, my favorite movie. 12 Monkeys, tied with it.)

The shorthand description looks like the book is utter crap.