I Went Home For Lunch Today and... ( 🌭 )

Two things.

• Foster Farms Jalapeno and Cheese Corn Dogs, preferably served from a corner store out of an ancient glass case, kept warm through the day resting under a salamander.

My Ol’ Corndog Stompin’ Grounds

• Second, all food is improved by serving it on a stick.
6 Likes

Even soup?

10 Likes

I set’em up, you knock’em down :smiley:

4 Likes

10 Likes

Logically, if soup cannot be served on a stick it is not food.

Wait, gazpacho pops?

8 Likes

Gazpacho on a stick

7 Likes

I desperately need popsicle canes like the one in that photo. Desperately

6 Likes

First I was thinking some of the fruchtsuppes, but gazpacho seemed more interesting. Borschtcicle with a sour cream center? Maybe not.

4 Likes

There are so, so many great band names in this thread already. I have a hankerin’ to start a Scorpions Tribute/Russian Punk crossover band called Borschtsicle.

5 Likes

bon appétit

7 Likes

Pocky? Breadsticks?

5 Likes

Even more bon appétit-y:

5 Likes

7 Likes

Smell what’s cookin’!?

1 Like

Wait
 is that why sushi is so delicious?

Because the rice is
 sticky?

5 Likes

Your feeble attempt at a logic bomb does not impress.

3 Likes

This is my favorite food on a stick: pig’s blood cake. You take some cooked rice, toss in some pig’s blood, and then steam it into a gooey block on a stick. To serve just dip it in some sweet pork-soy broth and roll it around in peanut flour and chopped cilantro.

It’s sweet and savory and amazing.

Taiwan night markets have food-on-sticks down pat.

4 Likes

Bit like black pudding on a stick, with sauce? That sounds real good. :yum:

1 Like

YES YES YES YES!

I so miss Taipei night markets! Chicken skin sausages, wrapped in chicken skin,doused with msg and grilled, divine!

Okonomiyaki turned into junkier food (I know it’s not haute cuisine in Japan, but man the Taiwanese perfected its greasy goodness) and served in a box, SpongeBob SquarePants waffles for the kids!

ALL food available in bag and stick form!

Tiny noodle, dumpling, or sashimi shops right off the main drag

(begins furiously looking for airline tickets that can’t afford)

3 Likes

For blood sausage I love soondae, served lightly chilled it’s refreshing. Refreshing blood sausage, how the hell?

3 Likes