If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Sunrise over McMansionville.

16 Likes

The other night, early this week.

26 Likes

Ten AM on an April morning:

To me, the remarkable bit is the interior temperature: we haven’t engaged climate control yet. Uninsulated adobe brick, a haphazardly insulated roof, and two very leaky doors. But we did reglaze last year: a lot of surface: two 8’x4’ windows, two 6’x7’ sliders, one 4’x6’, two 3’x6’, and then a handful of normal-sized windows. Insulated aluminum frames, so not the best, but the best these days would have been better insulation than the walls we were setting them in. Still, mostly down to the design and orientation of a deeply unremarkable late '60s ranch house. I see all of these tract houses and McMansions outside of town with unsheltered all-glass foyers pointed due South and it hurts my head.

12 Likes

I found a safe in the woods behind my office.

18 Likes

Is it @beschizza’s? IIRC, his safe had wheels too. :wink:

6 Likes

We’ll soon find out…

7 Likes

@subextraordinaire @Mindysan33

I looked for a wormhole that might connect back to @beschizza’s closet, but no such luck. Not even the barest rumor of dank carpet.

12 Likes

Stephen Colbert Adult Humor GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

12 Likes

San Diego Marina at sunset.

18 Likes

The colors never really come through on my phone.

16 Likes

Saw this turtle the other day; its shell was about the size of a quarter.

19 Likes

There is a crepe myrtle man in my back yard!

Everything is fine.

20 Likes

18 Likes

Go pet one of those soft little goslings. I dare you

13 Likes

6 Likes

https://contests.picter.com/duggal-capture-the-moment-2021

# About Capture the Moment 2021

Duggal Visual Solutions is pleased to announce their annual Capture the Moment Photo Contest! Photographers and visual artists based in North America are invited to submit their work.

This year, winners will be selected by a panel of judges based on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit. One grand prize winner will be selected, along with five runners-up, who will all exhibit selected work in a special ‘Capture the Moment’ gallery show in Fall 2021 in New York City. Applicants’ work will be viewed by a panel of influential experts in the field of photography, plus have the opportunity to win cash and award recognition.

As viewers, we long for connection to memorable moments that capture, captivate and distinguish a period in time. The tale a single image can tell might evoke an emotional response, captivating viewers even further, burning the image into memory, allowing your audience to unfold stories of their own – all in response to your art. In Duggal’s Capture the Moment 2021 Photo Contest, we invite you to submit a photo of one captured moment. Your image provides a unique record of one moment of inspiration. The story it tells may be abstract, concrete, internal or external – it’s up to you.

Capture the moment.

https://photocontest.fiba.basketball/en/general-conditions-of-participation

The Contest will be a unique opportunity for all keen photographers and basketball lovers to show their talents. As a participant in the contest, you need to send to the FIBA Foundation, your best photos in link with the theme chosen by the FIBA Foundation. The best photos selected by the jury will be exhibited temporarily at the House of Basketball Patrick Baumann, in the FIBA world headquarters in Mies (Switzerland). The opening of the exhibition will take place on July 24th, 2020. The exhibition will end on November 30th, 2020.

The chosen theme is as followed:

“Urban Culture & Basketball”.

The submitted photos need to represent, in a digital format, this theme and its link with basketball.

4 Likes

Spotted IRL when I opened today’s paper:

I might’ve expected to read about Jeff Goldblum in the paper, but maybe not about the couple of jazz albums he’s recorded. And seeing the names of Don, Moki, Neneh, and Eagle Eye Cherry in the daily paper is really a pleasant surprise!

Here are the articles themselves.

ETA: Just noticed the autocorrect had changed “Don” to “Donna”

12 Likes

Spring in southern Finland.
wood anemone AKA windflower, thimbleweed, and smell fox (Anemonoides nemorosa).

17 Likes

9 Likes
2 Likes