If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

A pupa! Hadn’t found one before.

(ETA: upon closer inspection, I don’t think it made it.)

It reminds me of IG-88’s head.

And one more straggler:

16 Likes

Bugs

11 Likes

On the caterpillars? I zoomed in but couldn’t find them.

6 Likes

Horror.

The sink was draining very slowly, so I pulled the plug out. Soaking in bleach now, which will probably damage the plug, but whatever.

13 Likes

What the fuck is that? is that a mini-drain monster of some kind in hibernation or just gunk?

6 Likes

I honestly don’t know. Without light I assume it must be fungal? Thick, almost rigid sheets of black, slimy revulsion.

After soaking in bleach all night it partially dissolved into pale, mucous-y chunks, which I could mostly scrape off with a stick. I’m going to finish by putting it in boiling water. Before I bring it back in the house.

10 Likes

Either way, it looks like a mini-monster…

7 Likes

lQQIMmN

17 Likes

I guess it’s a candy apple with a merkin…?

12 Likes

(Googles Merkin)

Ah, what the Christ!

15 Likes

#Sexy_hack

8 Likes

The characters in this novelette used acid to get rid of a very disgusting supernatural fungus entity. Glad you solved your problem with bleach.

11 Likes

Damn. Well, that explains the dreams.

8 Likes

5 Likes

I was in St. Louis recently and finally got around to checking out this U-Haul building on Kingshighway at I-44:

I know you’re thinking “big deal :yawning_face:”, but a few years back I read an article about this place that said they had uncovered a Noguchi-designed ceiling concealed behind a drop ceiling. The building used to be the American Stove Company-Magic Chef building. U-Haul officials decided to uncover it. Here it is, incongruous among the moving boxes and registers:

25 Likes

Did you try the sandwich?

4 Likes

OMG no. There are so many better sandwiches in STL anyway

4 Likes

IIRC it was The Straight Dope that suggested the measure of a good dictionary was whether it defined “merkin.” It’s long been in the OED, but it’s in neither of the college dictionaries I have from the 80s/90s.

5 Likes

I really don’t know from motorbikes but this caught my eye. I guess it’s at least 35-40 years old?

10 Likes

Looks like mid-'70s. I love this era of motorcycles. I’m looking for a 1974 Yamaha RD350.

8 Likes