If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Cold day for a swim

Good times on the Missouri River

This is pretty uncommon in these parts. We get bank-to-bank ice flow maybe once a decade

13 Likes

Yesterday middle of Töölönlahti. Rare chance to walk on ice.

Michael Caine ran through here in Billion Dollar Brain (1967)

16 Likes

… after he got proper winter boots at Stockmann’s!

billion-dollar-brain-4-map-karna

7 Likes
4 Likes

Today around Tervasaari (tar island), Helsinki, Finland. Around 11 AM.

Icebreaker Urho still docked.

19 Likes

It was too hot to sleep properly last night so at 4.30am I gave up and got on the bike. The city’s much prettier before dawn.

24 Likes

What is the building with the dome? It’s lovely!

8 Likes

It’s Flinders Street Station. I was lucky enough to get a behind-the-scenes look at some of the older parts of the station (including a ballroom that’s been in decline since the 50’s) and along the roof to see its other copper domes. It’s gorgeous on the outside but much of the inside has become dilapidated. To a lot of us it’s the most Melbourne building in Melbourne.

(edited for typos)

15 Likes

Oh, lovely! Thanks for sharing!

I wonder if the older parts will get a revamp someday?

9 Likes

Sadly it got a refurb about five years ago - the focus was on the facade and the passenger areas and the money ran out before they got to the non-passenger parts. One day…

10 Likes

14 Likes

So it’s a ladybug?

16 Likes

Is this a trick?

Also:

10 Likes

That’s awesome. I note that they have apparently prognosticated that the shortage will occur precisely two weeks from now on March 13th.

13 Likes
4 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t notice that until I posted it, and wondered if that might refer to last March 13. (Not sure, though. I know the local mask rule went into effect about 1 month after that.)

2 Likes

Tucson Botanical Gardens

23 Likes

Neighbour kids are playing some insane next-level hopscotch.

24 Likes

Rainbow over the ferris wheel in Atlantic City, NJ.

20 Likes

16 Likes