If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

IKR! I can hear what it must sound like right now.

6 Likes

I didn’t know they had made this since the 70s (& maybe still do), but I’m pretty sure that’s how old this remnant is (judging from the other detritus amongst which we found this)

9 Likes

I still miss the returnable eight-packs. If nothing else, our roadsides would be a hell of a lot cleaner if they came back, or at least a Michigan-style bottle deposit.

7 Likes

Spotted at Runnings yesterday. It would be funny to see a Shih Tzu trained to do this

11 Likes

That, or a Bichon Frise.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Sitting on my deck in the backyard drinking some ales and thump. Something lands on the bird feeder behind me.

North American flying squirrel hanging upside from her back legs eating safflower seed.

Then this little guy runs down the tree to see what is taking mom so long.

28 Likes

I… I don’t know what this is.

EDIT: Also just noticed the piece of Lego stuck in the crevice.

10 Likes

Does it taste like a millipede?

6 Likes

Fungi?

5 Likes

A corndog!

5 Likes

5 second rule!

3 Likes

The cause-and-effect is a little cloudy here.

10 Likes

Well, it looks like…a lot of things. (Rabbit genitalia comes to mind, but I doubt that’s what they actually look like.)
But I think it might be a cattail that diverged.

But who placed it so suggestively on your stoop…? That’s the bigger question here!

9 Likes

Not on my stoop; this was on a boardwalk by the Potomac. One of our guesses was rabbit genitals, too!

8 Likes

A new form of life?

I’ve seen things on the Potomac…

6 Likes

Found a loosely spaced rock spiral at a beach a couple of years ago; thought about it today and wondered if it was still there. Looks like it’s been worked on a lot since then. :smile:

Edited to add
Not my photo, but this is the same area of the beach. Whoever is doing this has been collecting white rocks from above the high tide line and adding to the spiral for years!

I miss living in Maine. :frowning:

21 Likes

From the back pages of The Washingtonian magazine…

11 Likes

So here’s a factoid about piano tuning:

The way it is taught and the way the tools are shaped are based on a man’s average body, with long torso, broad shoulders, etc.

This is why there are very few women who make it in the business. Even if they start the training, they quickly learn that it is physically much more challenging/harmful for them than for the men in the training program.

You wouldn’t think it’s a physical job that has been genderized, but it has.

15 Likes

C’mon man, finish the job!

9 Likes