If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

The rocks that shit. Or a trail so heinous, you’ll shit rocks.

10 Likes

I see what someone did there.

(Again, fonts matter.)

6 Likes

Just now, from my back porch:

I have my window open so heard the tell-tale blast sound. So fun seeing these things. What a cool hobby!

16 Likes

More fun than the B2 bomber that flew over my home at about 1500 ft a few years ago. The batwing one.

10 Likes

We see the B2s pretty regularly, being in Missouri not too far from their home base at Whiteman. They sometimes do low-level flyovers of MU football games, no doubt at great taxpayer expense. My (outdoor) wedding was on a football Saturday, and our guests were treated to one of these, fortunately not during the actual ceremony.

10 Likes

The one that buzzed my home was at Andrews AFB for an air show. What’s odd is it was routed into a civilian air corridor. I was outside and you can imagine how surprised I was. I only wish that I had a camera nearby.

9 Likes

I haven’t yet figured out the military air corridor, for that matter (see upthread)

3 Likes

Coincidentally to this mini-discussion, last night after dark I was watching TV and heard a very loud roar that lasted quite a while. I thought at first it was a noisy truck or street sweeper. The noise continued for long enough that I was able to first think, “WTF?”, then ignore it for a minute, then finally think, “WTAF?” and go outside to look. (This is the standard midwestern response to tornado warnings, BTW. We don’t take shelter; instead we go outside to gawk like idiots.) It was a B2 that circled our city and headed NW towards Whiteman AFB. When they are not trying to be stealthy, those things are quite obvious.

11 Likes

Bright moon on a dark road

10 Likes

https://en.unesco.org/news/unesco-launches-fit-life-photo-contest

To celebrate the launch of the Social and Human Science Sector’s new sport-based flagship, Fit for Life, UNESCO is organizing a photo contest to promote equality, empowerment and inclusion through sport.

Fit for Life will unite private and public sector stakeholders through sport to tackle contemporary crises in physical inactivity, mental health issues and inequalities.

Sport has the power to convince, convene and activate. It is a tool to build physical, mental, and societal resilience, deliver values education and promote intercultural dialogue. In a time of compounded inequalities and rising racism, where communities have been devastated by the impacts of COVID-19, sport offers a productive pathway to “rebuild” our societies based on inclusion, human connections and collective wellbeing.

The Fit for Life photo contest is an opportunity for young people around the world to submit entries which illustrate the power and potential of sport as a driver of equality, empowerment, and inclusion.

Who can participate?

Anyone aged from 18 to 35 years old. Participants do not need to be professional photographers, just passionate about sport and the positive role it has played in your life or the lives of others in your community.

Deadline?

30 November 2021, 00:00 CET

4 Likes
4 Likes

Clouds coming up over the mountains.

13 Likes

18 Likes

Hot air balloon nearly hitting my house

Oh shit here comes another one

23 Likes

Was that on your 2021 bingo?

11 Likes

24 Likes

I see a tortoise, two dogs and a cat

12 Likes

It looks like a dragon to me. The head right in the center of the sky.

13 Likes

Urban heat island effect preventing the grass next to the footpath from frosting over.

17 Likes
7 Likes