If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Sweet cheese and crackers. What on earth is going on wherever it is that you are?

5 Likes

Unchecked capitalism?

ETA I will say, if the marionette was 1/10 the price the seller was asking, I would have bought it in a heartbeat and used it to terrify my enemies.

8 Likes

I was going to go with widespread demonic posession, but unchecked capitalism is pretty similar I guess.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Seems like a very roundabout way to get glitter on your dog’s tongue.

16 Likes

Speaking of veiled threats…

(from the same mall)

10 Likes

Reminds me of this I found in a charity shop a while back.

15 Likes

That is utterly repulsive. And ridiculous.

2 Likes

I’ll see your panicked Minion, and raise you a Mrs. Beasley, who not only isn’t panicking… she likes it.

7 Likes

“She talks – just like you remember!”

Yeah, I didn’t want to sleep anyway…

3 Likes

23 Likes

Yeah, those disco balls are pretty nuts.

6 Likes

Potato 1:

Potato 2:

4 Likes

Lowest I’ve seen in these parts for a while, but certainly not the lowest on the continent right now. Can anyone here beat my score?

9 Likes

If only I could get a decent photo!

Minneapolis. It’s dark out. Thermometer is outside my kitchen window. Holding my 2010 MacBook up to the window with one hand, shining a mag lite on the thermometer with the other hand. Looking through a double-paned window, storm window, and screen. I melted the frost off the storm window with the palm of my hand, but it starts frosting up again while I take the picture. Dropped the mag lite, and it rolled under the refrigerator (at least it was on, and I could see what I was doing while fishing it out with a ruler). Anyway, it’s -18 Fahrenheit right now, can you tell from the picture?

I didn’t go out of the house at all today. Schools were closed, grocery store was closed, no mail delivery. My internet keeps going out.

[The predicted low tonight will be -30F.]

[I really need a decent camera so I can play this game better.]

17 Likes

Great effort, I can just make out the line stopping near -20.
Yeah, Minneapolis… that’s about as cold as you’re gonna find in the states, stay safe!

9 Likes

I just noticed my thermometer goes down to minus 80F. :laughing: That’s pretty ambitious! Should I be worried?

5 Likes

Considering all but only the highest-proof liquors would be frozen by that point, yes, I myself would be worried.

1 Like

Your IRL spelunking of the depths of the dolliverse (not to be confused with Dollywood…) make Justin McElroy’s Haunted Doll Watch bit seem like so much armchair archaeology.

2 Likes

I googled for the source and found this all over the bookselling world.

Whelp.

3 Likes