If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

What Would Lobster Jesus Do?

LobsterJesus

Our Jordaddy, who art in cash, hack be thy name … and lead us not into marxist post-modernism…

8 Likes

Awww…

6 Likes

In any event, I’m pleased to see that Amazon is adding more Welsh content.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Wait, what on sheep mountain?

6 Likes

Says it right there…I thought “Brokeback Ovine” was classier, but no-one asks me.

7 Likes

Buzz and his friends play with their shy pet turtle.

11 Likes

We were shopping around town at a bunch of used bookstores yesterday. My wife found this children’s book marked down to $6 on a back table. It’s from 1922. I’m hoping I look half as good if I make it to 97.

The name amused me, and the illustrations were beautiful, so I bought it with the plan of scanning it all and posting it here at some point.

I’m also going to do some digging and see if I can turn up any info about the author and publisher; off the bat I see they share the same last name.

In the meantime, here is the cover:

(Edit) apparently I got a pretty good deal:

13 Likes

Marina I work at, straw laid down to reduce tracking mud walking from service road to washroom building. Someone put up these signs for a lark :slight_smile:

12 Likes

So hey the sheep thing is what the English like to say about Celtic peoples. What is the analog that the Welsh, Scots and Irish say about the English?

2 Likes

Ah yes. Handbag Solo.

7 Likes

ezgif-2-bc76bef9eee1
:wink:

3 Likes

“Saes” in Welsh, probably from “Saxon”. “Saes diawl” is “English devil”.

7 Likes

Not sure; historically we were too busy fucking over everybody else to get around to the livestock…

13 Likes

Woo hoo, 90% off!!

4 Likes

giphy%20(78)

9 Likes

My dad’s people came from the isles, pretty sure the clan motto was something like, “Get yer ass in the boat ye ninny, ye can have more children! Women an’ livestock first!”*

There’s always time for livestock, and I expect, lubricant too. Or so say my forbears. Ahem.

*Not really. The clan motto is something less useful and equally tiresome.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Actually, I think it’s what Celtic people say about Celtic people. I expect the English say things like, “The Welsh are still a thing? How twee!”

I’m embarrassed to admit that the Scots have all the best jokes about it.

4 Likes