If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

That’s true, we are.
What’s that picture below, though?

That cries out for a crossover with Asterix.

11 Likes

As usual, Urban Dictionary explains it all:

The English call the Welsh sheep-shaggers due to an old trick used by the Welsh against their gullible English neighbours in medieval times, when the English had a nasty habit of fucking sheep. When Wales adopted English law they noticed the penalty for shagging a sheep was less than for stealing one (due to the English habit) so whenever they were caught stealing a sheep they would instead say they were planning to fuck it to avoid the fine.
Therefore there is a very long list of crimes involving Welshmen shagging sheep, although it is only the English who would actually ever fuck a sheep, it is just another example of the Welsh tricking the English once again.

8 Likes

The Moon after final assembly at the Magrathean construction floor, obviously.

Yeah, right.
It’s a scaled model of the Moon, the diameter is about 25 metres, suspended inside the old Oberhausen Gasometer. They have one of those panorama elevators inside; going up and down in it past the moon model it was very easy to pretend I was on the moon shuttle from 2001.

11 Likes

Very cool. I’d have played pretend, too.

4 Likes

I was looking through the Norman-French origins of the word “buggery” to make some kind of crack, but it turns out the word means “Bulgarian”.

3 Likes

*sniggers

6 Likes

Interesting! Do you suppose the Bulgarian hovercrafts are full of eels as well?

5 Likes

At least now we know what he was trying to say in English.

3 Likes

Q: If a person who catches fish is called a fisher, what is a person who catches bugs called?
A: An entomologist.

11 Likes

Reconsidering the time i spend on the Book of Faces…

5 Likes

De chelonian mobile!

2 Likes

Not these ones!! :cry:

7 Likes

Oh dear. We really are an arsehole of a species…

7 Likes

Sometimes I think Sir Terry merely left early to avoid the rush.
Then again I’ll feel better after this Monday morning coffee.

5 Likes

If my personal experience is any indication, the thing that catches bugs around these parts is called a toddler. The whole household has been under the weather for weeks.

8 Likes

Mine too, no toddlers involved.

1 Like

Say what you will about R. Kelly; his interview with Gayle King is hard to watch.

1 Like
3 Likes

In what way?

2 Likes