If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

HOLEY MOLEY, how could I forget: my very own profile picture is adapted from an if-you-see-something photograph

Painted on the walls of the children’s center of some far away mcdonalds. I guess they’re supposed to be chicken nuggets. c. 2012

16 Likes

This is a bit tangent, but…

I was rolling a web server as the core of a project, and it’d serve a HTML page but it’d never show in the browser. Odd. And then I noticed that the browser was saving the page as a download without ever asking me if I wanted to save it. (Firefox. Chromium also saves without asking, but at least displays that it has in the lower left corner.)

Huh. That seems half-way like a bad security risk. I certainly won’t casually open HTML files in my download directory after this. Now to fix my header problem.

Connection: keep-alive
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="index.html";
Content-Type: text/xhtml; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 7665
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 16:27:02 GMT
Last-Modified: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:13:34 GMT
Server: ZeroChan

A surprised mourning dove:

8 Likes

Highest res I could find:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ezekiel-Vision-Merkaba.jpg

2 Likes

I always thought “happy little potato”.

8 Likes

I’ll have what he’s having.

5 Likes

Yeah, I like that better. Happy potato. At least until going through the fry-making process.:potato::fries:

6 Likes

I took this photo last night at King Soopers…

I guess it’s awesome they were able to wait until October.

Spotted this on a walk this afternoon. This kind of thing can’t possibly be an accident. Surely?

11 Likes

Been meaning to get a photo of this for a while & finally was in that part of town today.

11 Likes

I like how “Payment Plans” is in quotes. It does feed the imagination…

“This is our ‘Payment Plan’. You plan on paying us back toot sweet, or we plan on making your legs and arms bend in exciting new directions.”

6 Likes

It wasn’t the next time, but I finally remembered take some photos of the swords now available at our local Entertainmart:

On Saturday, my wife and I went to an Oddities & Curiosities Expo that was held up in Denver. We weren’t sure just what to expect, but it was huge. And packed. So many wonderful and weird and weirdly wonderful people everywhere you looked.

I didn’t take nearly as many photos as I should have, and I haven’t had time to go back through the ones I managed to take yet.

Here’s one with more to come later:

14 Likes

The CYA Insurance was what originally caught my eye. That’s some truth there. The combination with the bail bonds is synergistic in some odd way.

2 Likes

Yep, I got that and laughed. But then I got to the bottom and it was even better.

2 Likes

Concerned citizens.

17 Likes

I had never heard of this company until I saw one of their vehicles on our way to the library: ambulnz

They don’t come out and say it, but I feel like this is the Uber of ambulances.

“The more calls you run, the more money you make.”

And really, that’s what it’s all about. America, will you ever stop surprising me?

ETA: I also just remembered that I miss the show, Sirens.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Some people keep their skeletons in the closet. Not this fearless commuter:

(happy halloween!)

16 Likes

Gotta get in that HOV* lane, tho…

* Haunted Occupant Vehicle?

8 Likes

From the annals of the unintentionally spooky, we have this baby book called “Look, Look.” It comes out of the “babies see high contrast best” era of Smart-Toys-to-make-you-look-like-an-Informed-and-Unsentimental-parent that brought us all black, white and red themed stuff. For some reason, I always read this book in post-apocalyptic narrator voice, raising the pitch of my voice a quarter tone between pages…

16 Likes

“Demons” “Whisper”

11 Likes

On the subject of creepy/weird stuff, I’m still working my way through the photos I took at the Denver Oddities & Curiosities Expo, more off than on or I would be done by now.

But I wanted to share this with you guys today, because I’m full of some kind of spirit.

He’s animatronic …

… and he talked. Although the closing motion didn’t go in very far, so I wasn’t able to get a good shot of his face closed. Something I never thought I would say.

If I had bought him, I would have named him “Teddy Rupt-skin”.

The guy running the booth was working on fresh latex monstrosities.

As we were leaving, we saw they had Jack-in-the-Boxes as well, but I didn’t get a photo of them.

Have a fantastic weekend!

14 Likes