If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Dude, those are frickin’ terrifying! The one of the toddler looks like he is plotting death ad destruction if he could get out of this frame!

Right? It made me think of a hybrid of Frank Frazetta and Bernie Wrightson’s styles. It’s one that I wish I had bought, but I couldn’t rationalize spending $28 + tax on it at the time.

If you would like a version where I’ve perspective cropped it out of the frame for… reasons… let me know.

1 Like

Umm no. I have enough nightmares as is.

2 Likes

Our Lady of the Boston Bruins (or as I like to call her, Hockey Mary) on the side of the road to Seapoint Beach. (Taken a couple of years ago, but she’s still there.)

Taken yesterday:
There are hundreds of these guys all over Portsmouth, NH.

Saw this sad sack at the entrance of the supermarket; not very creepy, no.

ETA - separated at birth? :wink:
Capture

Mustard with Moxie in it! MOXIE!!!

16 Likes

So first of all- yay Friday, I’m going to have a glass of wine!

Sadly, I saw this at the boozemart. I know Boston loves it some Dunkies, but DD branded porter? That’s a “nope” from me, I’m not going to encourage this.

11 Likes

Would try 10/10. Screw all those people who say beer isn’t for breakfast, anyway. :beer:
ETA I’ve been known to put stout in a made-from-scratch bloody mary instead of vodka on holiday mornings. Whatevs.

9 Likes

This is the second assassinated lamppost I’ve seen in Prospect Park from this summer (pic is from August) Not sure what’s afoot, but this one looks like it met the wrong end of a ronin’s dull blade…

perhaps these are hits contracted by some darkness-worshipping fiend or perhaps it’s all random…

13 Likes

So THAT’s where it is

22 Likes

4 Likes

It wasn’t until I saw the full-resolution image that I saw what was going on there. Well done!

3 Likes

Is she wearing a helmet with a face shield? At first I thought Google Images had blurred her face :laughing:

Another topic is calling you…

Edit: Did I say Images? I meant Google Maps. (Somehow Google Maps seems funnier to me.)

3 Likes

So finally have the phone hooked up to computer to not use up data and remembered I have pictures from a really cool geochache a few months ago.
This ‘shrine’ is between the curb and sidewalk.

The cache is in here.

And on the fence of the house more little folk.

15 Likes

I still don’t see it. Is it the COW TOWN plate? (If so, it’s a reference or whatever that I still don’t get.) :confused:

3 Likes

I am guessing COW TOWN on a Porsche…
Also damn it I have this stuck in my head now…

5 Likes

Road sloth.

11 Likes

“Park & Ride N Cum”

3 Likes

Sometimes called (inventory) shrinkage prevention.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Tonight we went to Party City so my wife could find the final piece she needs for her costume for work. We didn’t find it, but we did find these:

We had different opinions on this. She would like a Halloween Tree… I would not. Put a tree up in October, take it down in November, put another one up in December. Too much messing about with trees.

My youngest daughter loves Aquaman; the original DC comics Aquaman, not so much the recent movie version. I sent her this:

Her reply was, “thanks I’m dead inside”

I’m just incredibly amused by the thought of the “Sea Siren” wearing a “Fishnet Wrap”.

At the back of the store they have a bunch of generic party accessories organized in sections by color. We were in a hurry, so I wasn’t able to see if the other sections had similar themed self adhesive body jewelry, like “Go Green!” and “Go Red!”. Maybe they did. Something about this just seems… odd. If we ever go back, I’ll try to pay more attention.

10 Likes

Theft proof.