If you use Gmail, know that "human third parties" are reading your email

Use protonmail i guess but you’re still screwed once you start emailing gmail users and until they’re eventually forced to shut down due to government demands for encryption keys. I know they’re swiss based but i don’t necessarily think that’s a non-volatile state forever.

2 Likes

My name isn’t Barney!

2 Likes

Not just misleading but flat-out wrong. Makes me think Mark has a personal problem with GMail.

3 Likes

“privacy.”

Google keeps using that word. I do not think it means what they think it means.

2 Likes

Because “why keep struggling” and “just accept it already” are bullshit reasons for accepting anything. Replace privacy is dead with anything else, rape, murder, accepting facism, ect., and see if youre cool with that.

People who succumb to non existent arguements like that are why we cant have nice things and get fucked over in the first place.

The good guys in star wars were called The Resistence, and not The Complacence, for a reason.

Fight bullshit, period.

4 Likes

I used the link in the article to check which 3rd parties have access but some of them were not listed in the UI

6 Likes

You forgot to put NOT!! at the end, but I know you meant it.

I really don’t get it.

Gmail has a feature where I can grant third parties access to my e-mail. Some third parties might not be worthy of that trust. Therefore, Google is doing something evil?

If I click on a link to a firefox extension and firefox asks me whether it is OK to tell a third-party application about every single website I visit, I might say yes, if it’s an ad-blocker I trust.

These permissions are not that complicated. It sometimes makes sense to entrust a company different from Google with my data. So it’s a good thing that third-party access is possible.

4 Likes

Says the guy called ‘dfaris’. Why not give us your real name? Privacy is dead. Just accept it already.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.