"If you wanna see the inside of it I'll show to you." Worker interviewed about office robot (1979)

I lived closer to the lakefront, near the Red Line Argyle stop. But I still shopped at Jewel, sometimes!

2 Likes

“How do you feel about having a co-worker that’s a machine instead of a person?” she smiles and says "It don’t really matter.

Egore quietly sheds a silent electronic tear.

Of course later she was fired after offering to open up and show the insides of one of her human co-workers.

4 Likes

I briefly had an apartment off the Argyle stop near the old Essanay Studios building. Great asian food and markets on that strip!

1 Like

Oh yeah! The bakery on the south side of the street, and the Chinese restaurant on the north side that had the duck roaster in the window? I wonder if the two brothers from South America are still running the diner underneath the platform?

1 Like

Pretty sure the bakery is still there, but I believe the Chinese restaurant and the diner are gone.

2 Likes

andrew phung ugh GIF by Kim's Convenience

2 Likes

I love her accent.

2 Likes

Her hair should be in a museum.

2 Likes

You need to join me on a phone call to my brother, both native Chicagoans. Then we can go down to the Jewels and grab some Old Style. :wink:

1 Like

This is the only acceptable name for the store

AI. More specifically… ANI?

EGORE.

It says so on its name tag.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.