Insecure internet-connected "honeypot" toaster hacked within an hour

Appliances these days come with useless bells and whistles to differentiate them. These aren’t the desire of the consumer.

2 Likes

Groundhog day, LOL!

1 Like

Is this shit for real?

If so I feel very sorry for Windoze users out there, can it get any worse? Don’t answer that!

What like ‘Use low fat spread you fat ***t’

Whatever you feel like ‘Tw*t or C**t’, up to you!

From a hackernews article-

“This doesn’t seem all that exciting to me. If you have a handle to a target thread that allows you to call QueueUserAPC, it’s game over already. You can own that thread in so many ways that I don’t see why a new one is exciting. (Heck, you could just use the debugging APIs.)
This seems like of like saying “hey look, root on a Linux system can inject code into Chrome”. No kidding.”

Most of these exploits presuppose a lot and while interesting, aren’t unique and get tarted up a lot by the researchers to sell their services.

1 Like

‘Most of these exploits presuppose a lot and while interesting, aren’t unique and get tarted up a lot by the researchers to sell their services’. (I agree!) I was reading something a few days ago and didn’t see it on here so in case nobody else had seen it and made a comment! BTW not a new thread, just a comment/reply, not trying to own anything.

1 Like

This is like when we in the browser world get told about an “OMG Game Over” code execution vulnerability that requires local access to the machine to plan it and then convincing the user to run something. Well, yeah, that might be bad but if the attacker got local access to your machine enough to plant the file, you’re already screwed.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.