Is it hypocritical for free speech advocates to moderate comments on their own site?

BB has just a few rules to help the posting community. No one is censoring you or the topics you wish to create. However, there are a few rules/guidelines that we all agree to when we sign up. One is: Stay On Topic.

One of the others includes being “cool” and to not call people names. I kind of take offense to your use of:

I don’t appreciate being referred as part of a mob, but I will not flag you. I had been reading a very interesting discussion about the use of an historical photo and the issues surrounding a behemoth social media site when you decided to derail the discussion in order to win a battle that was waged in an earlier thread. Also, I never used a meme, although there is nothing wrong with the use of a visual to get a point across. I simply asked you to either give up the off-topic discussion or to start a new thread.

Just because we are asking you to follow the BBS guidelines doesn’t make us a mob. But thank you for giving all of us permission to get back on topic.

7 Likes