Is there anything positive to say about Trump's presidency?

Exactly, it was just a retroactive holiday to commemorate how yuuuuge it was.

5 Likes

Retroactive holidays, awesome.

(is retroactive even the right word if it’s not active any longer?)

And the wording totally doesn’t give off any Kim Jong-Il vibes or anything.

11 Likes

You can’t spell “freedom” without “compelled acts of forced patriotic jingoism”.

12 Likes

I took the day off out of my vacation allowance. I shall have to ask if I can get those hours back.

3 Likes

When you’re in a position of privilege it’s easy to hope things will get worse for other people so that theoretically they’ll eventually get better.

11 Likes

He is rallying people around abortion rights the same way Obama mobilized 2nd amendment advocates.

2 Likes

I wouldn’ go that far. Plain chunkless serves as a good between material fill where you need that consistent nature.

Anyway I would like to say today’s press conference Sounded generally good… But I do not know what the between the lines and actual speak is. Meeting with union and business leaders can mean many things, and not all of them positive.

The whole healthcare thing Sounded like they want to go to what the affordable care act was supposed to be and was sold as, but I do not know if their alternative will do anything other than blind favor insurance companies.

Nor do I know if the ‘tough on pharma’ will aunt to anything, but it had my mom cheering, because between my sister’s anti seizure medication and medication to help stabilize side effects from that plus mom’s own medication that is a disturbingly large chunk of my stepdad’s take home. None of it is optional medication.

I want to hope, but I am too burnt out right now.

1 Like

I see that you’ve never had the wonderfulness that is Carvel Ice Cream.

4 Likes

Funny, you’d have thought “getting visibly emotional in the aftermath of mass shootings that left dozens of children dead” would be the “Pro-life” position.

21 Likes

Catholics are pro-life. The people who want abortions banned but teachers armed and inmates killed are just pro-natal. Apparently you’re off their love list (nod to Bill Hicks) once the umbilical cord is cut.

6 Likes

Depends on whether your reasons to oppose TPP are the same as Trump’s reasons.

Obama didn’t do anything to curtail gun ownership. Trump has already made inroads into women’s reproductive rights and promises to do more. How exactly are these two examples connected?

20 Likes

I have no idea either. I was more scared of Trump than of Cruz, who was further right and much more theocratic.

1 Like

Astronaut ice cream and no, not really.

It might end.

6 Likes

Astronaut ice cream is something else entirely, freeze-dried hunks of ice cream batter wrapped in air-tight foil. Dippin’ Dots are nitrogen-frozen tiny spheres of ice cream that melt when they hit your tongue. But it’s pretty bad ice cream.

4 Likes

Clinton was saying that she was going to do that too, though. So… not sure if we can say that’s positive about Trump’s presidency specifically; it was pretty much already on the cards.

2 Likes

With Trump serving as an empty figurehead and Pence lining up theocratic picks for the cabinet we have all the belligerent incompetence of Trump with a cunning theocratic bastard running the show behind the scenes.

11 Likes

[quote=“nemomen, post:58, topic:93448, full:true”] the belligerent incompetence of Trump with a cunning theocratic bastard running the show behind the scenes.
[/quote]

Cunning self-serving theocrat, thin-skinned egomaniac head-of-state with a gilt complex and a court full of corrupt aristos… I’ve heard this story before!

Almost On-Topic - While not directly connected, this series is well worth a watch if you enjoy your swashes being buckled.

7 Likes

Not from lack of trying. I am not addressing the merits of either issue, instead I am noting that Trump’s actions on abortion will energize people to fight for women’s rights. Trump will be serve as a fundraiser for PP in the same way that Obama promoted gun sales and NRA support.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/katiesola/2016/01/06/obama-gun-control/#44d0bbd07de7