Israel versus Palestine, Lebanon, aid workers, and journalists. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

Posted the archive link too. Is that not working?

1 Like

That one works :+1:

1 Like

Trevor Noah suggested the CIA should produce its own cable news programs just for the White House so the president would pay attention

He meant because Trump was uniquely foolish and illiterate but apparently itā€™s not just him

6 Likes

I think thatā€™s entirely possible but as to why, Iā€™m at a loss.

That fucking awful Daily Mail is my fatherā€™s rag-of-choice. My own is the Independent. Itā€™s not perfect, but with this particular story, at least they clarified that although an IDF higher-up made this claim, no journalists (at all) were able to verify the fact.

Fun fact: I pick up our two papers on the way to the coffeeshop from Lux, our newsagent. He has got the hang of folding the Mail inside the Indy so I donā€™t have to be seen walking down the street with the Mail.

7 Likes

With Ben-Gvir guns no doubt.

6 Likes
2 Likes

BBC News - UK to deploy Royal Navy ships to support Israel

2 Likes
5 Likes

Nimer Sultany
@NimerSultany
Reader in Law
@soasLAW
author of Law & Revolution: Legitimacy and Constitutionalism After the Arab Spring. Editor-in-Chief, The Palestine Yearbook of Intā€™l Law

Chris Doyle
@Doylech
Commentator on Middle East, international politics & Director of
@Caabu
Council for Arab-British Understanding. (Views mine alone)

4 Likes

an archived link ( and noting that the piece is from 2009 )

2 Likes

In the mid-2000s, Israel unilaterally retreated from the entire Gaza Strip, dismantled all settlements there and returned to the internationally recognised pre-1967 border. True, it continued to impose a partial blockade on the Gaza Strip and to occupy the West Bank. But the withdrawal from Gaza was still a very significant Israeli step, and Israelis waited anxiously to see what the result of that experiment would be. The remnants of the Israeli left hoped that the Palestinians would make an honest attempt to turn Gaza into a prosperous and peaceful city state, a Middle Eastern Singapore, showing to the world and to the Israeli right what the Palestinians could do when given the opportunity to govern themselves.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

What kind of delusional world does this guy live in where one can build a prosperous state with literally no means of controlling their bordersā€¦

7 Likes

Air-quotes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

7 Likes
6 Likes

ā€¦ how are British and American warships supposed to make anything better exactly :confused:

8 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m not sure on the who or how either.

6 Likes

ā€œBrusselsā€ never threatened, ā€œBudapestā€ did. Donā€™t believe the tweets.

Iā€™m sorry to keep repeating it but seriously, Grauniad, and BoingBoing, no corrections?

7 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Damn. I know that in the last couple of days there have been several misleading reports and videos claiming use of white phosphorus that, upon further inspection, turned out to be showing completely different locations such as Ukraine. But Human Rights Watch claims they really verified it this time:

4 Likes
3 Likes