"It felt like a Black Mirror episode" - Bird Scooter lays off 406 workers at once via Zoom

You may be right, though (and I say this as an ardent remainer), we’ve been very good at catastrophising and describing the worst timeline already. I still believe it will be bad, and Covid-19 is unlikely to help.

What I think is beyond question is that all the problems caused by Brexit will now be conveniently assigned to Covid-19 by those in charge, and when the halcyon future previously described by the brexiters fails to materialise, they have a convenient excuse to take no accountability (which has been the MO since the start).

6 Likes

I think we’ll be fine until the virus thing is over. Only then will Brexit kick us in the teeth.

1 Like

Can’t say a whole lot as I had a non-disparagement clause in my separation agreement, but they acqui-hired the company I work(ed) for and our one Admin/HR person got sucked into the mothership & assimilated a while ago.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.