Jetpack maker doubts reports of jetpack flyer near LAX because no one told him they were going to illegally fly one there

Yeah it seems unlikely that someone working on this legit would risk getting in trouble with the FAA by doing a stunt like that.

But, I guess it COULD be an amateur who isn’t in the legit circles. Some crazy back yard scientist youtuber?

But more likely a balloon or something else that looked like a person to them.

3 Likes

3 Likes

But they operate in a realm basically devoid of fakes. They’re very alert to things in their realm that aren’t obeying the rules, but that’s not the same as telling the difference between a guy in a jetpack and a balloon that looks like a guy with something on his back.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, 6000’ is way, way too high for a traditional jetpack (if you want to survive).
Could it be Jetman? That is, a jet-powered wing suit.

2 Likes

Some RC planes are capable of impressive altitudes.

1 Like

Flying Goth cops in groovy designer boots!

4 Likes

Intentionally obscure film reference to be inserted here:

“They’re here ALREADY!!!”

What makes you think they’re human, oh pesky carbon based biped?

1 Like

Viral marketing for The Rocketeer 2?

1 Like

Shouldn’t the airport radar be able to pick up something the size of a human, especially if it’s a metallic Mylar ballon?

This got me thinking about a story for a low level super human: Uberman. He offers a service providing piggyback flights and doing deliveries across his home city.

I think that’s more The Mod Squad.

1 Like

So, illegal aliens?

2 Likes

If ever there were a time to reference Lyft, this would be it.

1 Like

Wanted for questioning

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.