John Oliver shreds multi-level-marketing pyramid schemes

Couldn’t help myself…

11 Likes

7 Likes

Are we really going to act like Stein has what’s necessary to be the leader of the world’s biggest super power?

Listen, I’m not that happy with our choices today - but at this point it’s down to making sure that Trump is not elected. I don’t like that at all. Bernie is what we really needed, Clinton is the avenue to secure that.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for something that’s not Clinton pr.
I don’t see what Hillary has that makes her more fit to serve as president except a life lived inside the beltway being morally compromised.
Bernie will be marginalized the second polls close and he’s outlived his usefulness to the Clinton machine
Those concessions Bernie was so proud of… forget it Hillary has the morality of a snake and the emails already proved it was just a gambit to lure in naïve Bernie supporters.

It’s so reassuring to hear that you’re able to accept a difference of opinion without jumping to hyperbole or conspiracy theories.

How about naming this guy as her VP pick?

Two days after the event, Baraka expressed his suspicions that the shootdown of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over Ukraine was a “false flag” operation, saying: “Someone wrote about three weeks ago that we should expect a major false flag operation in eastern Ukraine that’s going to be then blamed on the Russians. And that’s exactly what has happened. They’re trying to say in the Western press that the Ukrainian government does not have access to that kind of weaponry, when it’s clear that they do.” He criticized Western media coverage of the event for “undermining anything coming from Russia Today. That’s where you see the story being advanced that there is a possibility that this story is a little more complicated than people realize.” Baraka also claimed that observers from the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe were “sent in basically as spies who showed up on the scene to quote-unquote ‘monitor’.”

In May 2014, a month after Boko Haram kidnapped 276 schoolgirls from the northern Nigerian town of Chibok, he expressed skepticism about the official version of events and the number of victims, saying that “even if there was a kidnapping, there’s some people who are suggesting that the numbers are in fact inflated.”

In a January 2015 essay, Baraka described the Republican march in Paris in reaction to the Charlie Hebdo shooting as a “white power march,” and the Je suis Charlie movement in general as an “arrogant rallying cry for white supremacy”.

Baraka referred to President Barack Obama as an “Uncle Tom president” because Obama condemned the 2014 riots and violence in Ferguson, Missouri that occurred after the death of Michael Brown. Defending his use of the term, Baraka later said that he was speaking to a “specialized audience” and was attempting to “shock people into a more critical look at this individual.” Baraka has also argued that Obama has shown “obsequious deference to white power,” and that Obama and Loretta Lynch are members of the “black petit-bourgeoisie who have become the living embodiments of the partial success of the state’s attempt to colonize the consciousness of Africans/black people.”

I don’t have a vote, but I would not be comfortable voting this person into a position one heartbeat away from the presidency.

5 Likes

no…not really

Well now I’m convinced.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.