Kickass Torrents returns after a whole day offline

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/22/kickass-torrents-returns-after.html

3 Likes

So is it possible to upload to KAT.am? And is the forum there?

2 Likes

Cybertoothpaste doesn’t come in a cyberbottle, silly. It comes in a cybertube, and the internet consists of a series of these. That’s why it’s hard to block it from reaching our cyberbrushes once the cybercap has been unscrewed (I’m simplifying a bit here).

Sometimes I wonder about your level of technical knowledge.

38 Likes

[quote]In the world of regular terrorist attacks where global corporations are flooded with money while millions are dying of diseases and hunger, do you really think that torrents deserve so much attention? Do you really think this fight worth the money and resources spent on it? Do you really think it’s the real issue to care of right now? We don’t![/quote]Ugh. Well, I guess they had to write something, but geez, you can swap the word “torrents” in there for just about anything. Like, say, “browser DRM”.

4 Likes

Or maybe not:

3 Likes

That’d be one of the links I posted in my thread about KAT going dark…

4 Likes

Ah, I see. So is it really up?

No. It’s a fake site, probably the first of many. Suggest switching to extratorrent.cc for now.

3 Likes

This is one of many crappy Mirrors. I don’t trust any of these.

I’ve yet to find a good alternative, until then I’ll stick with 1337x and Nemesis43 seems to be back at Piratebay…

3 Likes

Cybertoothpaste interprets censorship as cybercavities and fluoridates the hell out of it…?

4 Likes

Don’t you really mean you are disappointed in his tech-Q?

But I do seem to remember a Middle Eastern flavored tale, back from before the inter-tubes or cybertubes for that matter, about trying to put something back in a bottle…

But maybe your own Q doesn’t run to jumping on mixed metaphors. If that’s even a source of disappointment anymore. Sentence fragments don’t seem to be, eh?

1 Like

This is not the original kickass torrents website. It’s a partial recreation by a separate party, as mentioned by @erroneus

Once the censors have gained root access, it’s too late to stop them gumming up everything. It’s best to keep a lawyer on retainer.

4 Likes

Not disappointed. Just deeply angry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It had occurred to me that the metaphor might refer to cybergenies, but of course it’s the cell phone network, not the intertubes, that runs on them. I’m certain @beschizza wouldn’t make such an elementary mistake.

Sentence fragments? Kind of my thing.

1 Like

I’d have given you so many likes for this if I could. Unfortunately, only the odd numbers count. Well done!

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

No, there is not.

I’m more concerned about his lack of commitment to SparkleMotion.

10 Likes

This stuff?

2 Likes

Man…f’n’a…i was wondering what happened to kat.cr yesterday, bad news.
Wishing him well, hope the charges don’t stick.

1 Like