Lawyer's long, weird sigfile setting out when and whether he's willing to talk on the phone goes viral

That doesn’t really come into play in the situations this knucklehead is talking about, though. Only in the most extreme cases does attorney-to-attorney communication become evidence in a case.

What he is doing, though, is setting up a significant barrier to communication from opposing counsel about active litigation, which is just about the stupidest thing one can do when actually trying to represent your client’s interests. This kind of behavior not only guarantees that he’s not going to get the benefit of the doubt in any dispute with the other side before the judge, it poisons the atmosphere and makes it unlikely he (and therefore his clients) will receive the ordinary professional courtesies that attorneys who aren’t complete tools receive.

I prefer a more analog approach…

2 Likes

This is what happens when someone who behaves rich because of their hourly rate realises that they’ve reached as far as biling for your time will scale and they’re still a long way from wealthy.

Many years ago when landlines were a thing
my father rang me and said, “I tried to call you yesterday but you weren’t home.” I replied, “I was home.” “No, you weren’t, I called and no one picked up.” So I told him, “I was there; the phone rang on and on but I’d just poured the milk on my cereal so didn’t answer.” He didn’t talk to me for a week.

3 Likes

I had to get a landline again specifically because my dad would waste my cellular time leaving long-winded messages.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.