Listen: ZZTop's "Legs" and U2's "Streets Have No Name" are the same song

Vaguely similar but not nearly as much as a real example of two songs that sound almost identical, like “don’t worry be happy” and the 4 non blonds “what’s going on”. Those songs are very similar. Unlike the two songs in the OP.

1 Like

Yeah, no. That’s one of the stupidest comparisons I’ve heard.

Now I have two songs I don’t like stuck in my head.

Thanks Cory!

2 Likes

My favorite ZZ Top trivia are that Frank Beard (drummer) is the one without a long beard. And that he and Dusty Hill were in a fake American version of The Zombies before ZZ Top.

I’ve always kind of liked some of the hit ZZ Top songs, and am a lifelong U2 fan (go ahead and hate, U2 haters) but don’t quite get this mashup, seems like you could overlay a lot of songs on top of Where The Streets Have No Name or many other U2 songs since they are so heavily based on the guitar delay/reverb rhythm as a drone along with the bass and drums for Bono to sing over.

Agree. I see and raise:

1 Like

Tempo and key matched huh? So you have these songs in 4/4 with a key change every 4 bars and a bridge at 16 and the guitarists are playing 8th notes. Pretty much the vanilla template for rock.

1 Like

Yeah, if you go around doing

just tempo and key matching

you’re going to quickly find out that a whole shit ton of songs sound like a whole shit ton of other songs.

Well, there’s your problem:
Operator: What is the emergency?
Caller: I want to report a murder.
Operator: And where are you?
Caller: I’m at 1520… aw, shit.
Operator: I’ll need a complete address.

Throw in “Maneater” by Hall and Oates and you have a superfecta.

Those two and a hundred more:

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.