Major Apple security flaw could allow hackers to pwn iOS devices, computers

I didn’t mean to imply you were defending MS and I apologize if I wasn’t clear. My point is it’s not fair to single out Apple. I understand your frustration and I think all Apple users benefit by not putting up with Apple dropping the ball, but I also think it should be kept in perspective.

This should also be a lesson to everyone that the latest technology isn’t always the greatest when it comes to security. I know that’s against conventional thinking, but I could care less.

1 Like

Cow, relax dude… Remember the old adage about opinions and assholes? Always bear that in mind when engaging in discussions regarding the Mac/Win debate because Apple has become a fashion brand (one that happens to make sweet-ass computers) and people usually either love to support or love to bash such entities. When something becomes so endlessly discussed people lose objectivity in the discussion and often start reacting to the discussion itself.

If someone is dull enough in the head to mistake the marketing of a company with the thoughts and feelings of real people, then I pity them.

Informed users like yourself are no longer the norm with those who own Apple computers (or any computers for that matter). It is these users who mistake marketing for reality and they’re all on the internet explaining why they’re awesome and everyone else sucks. Regarding the win fanboys: Anyone who feels it necessary to espouse opinion about a subject they have no experience of can be summarily ignored.

You can say that about Android, Microsoft, etc. as well.

You can, but how many high profile, high power people use iphones compared to the alternatives? That was my point. You see iphones in the hands of congressturds, CEOs, stockbrokers and celebrities far more often than you do the alternative smart phones.

If you want to play the zero-day game then there’s little I can say to refute you. That’s the point of zero days and why they’re the holy grail of exploits. There are obviously things you can do to mitigate the risk, but at the end of the day PEBKAC is is most common issue. I’ve not had any problem for as long as I can remember.

Hahaha… Gawd…

I appreciate your concern for my finances.

I appreciate your concern for my finances

Check for those micro-payments…

EXACTLY. Oopsies?

What damage is that? Everyone being confused about what the NSA does and doesn’t do? That’s Mission Accomplished.

It doesn’t much help sitting round complaining either.

So stahp.

Don’t worry, Apple loves even their less profitable customers. Mostly.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.