Man blames media for news

In a similar vein there are practically no cases being reported in Africa. I trust that WHO is reporting the best information they have accurately. Simultaneously - and not at all contradictorially - I do not trust the accuracy of some of the information they are receiving #cough#USA#cough#

2 Likes

I know which i prefer.

Hint: it’s not the angry egg wearing a badly fitting toupee.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m not understanding how that article makes the argument for true food insecurity. They state that many people overextend their credit lines for luxury goods they can’t afford, but couldn’t they be using or have used that credit line to buy nonperishable foods they can’t afford?
To be clear, I’m not arguing that there are truly food-insecure people, or advocating using an effing credit card to buy groceries. But just posting that link in response to @snigs comment doesn’t seem salient to the point being debated.

my previous comment was that many people can’t afford to stockpile food for emergencies. it was snigs who brought up food insecurity, something that i was not debating in the first place.

Maybe “wrong” does mean something different here, because I don’t see the need to deal with topics in absolutes.

d340db8be957631cbb238fb4e4e10155

Fully a third of the population in Africa is under 24, the median age is 20, the lowest risk group for COVID. Compare with Italy, where the media age is ~50.

1 Like

That might (partly) explain the reported deaths there - three (3) in all of sub-Sahara Africa. It does nothing to explain the almost complete lack of cases (~150 total).

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. Guess I’ll have to look for another general contractor.

There is, of course, a third path. (Well, there are tons of paths.)

Those who know Cigarettes are dangerous for their health, but who can’t stop smoking them; even though they have tried many, many times. So they accept that they are damaging their health and keep trying to stop even though they can’t.

Cigarettes are a very, very addictive substance, both physically and mentally; and not everyone can quit them, even with help. Heaven forbid that you have adverse reactions to the drugs that help people quit; and even the vape pens.

And no, for the record, I don’t smoke.

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

It still needs an “Acknowledge Dissonance and Carry On” path.

From an addicted smoker. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OH I didn’t know there was a UK Alex Jones. I much prefer the UK version.

2 Likes

That’s the “Change Perception of Action” path.

1 Like

Except I’m not changing the perception of my action.

Smoking is bad for me yet I continue to smoke.

2 Likes

You’ve changed your perception. It’s “not that” bad.

Maybe you prefer more cigarettes and fewer revolutions. I feel the same about some things :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lack of medical infrastructure and testing facilities may, though.

2 Likes