Man sues Hershey over lead levels found in chocolate bars

As previously mentioned, As You Sow did lead and cadmium testing on a lot of chocolates and posted the results for anyone to check. Unlike consumer reports, which wanted me to pay for their results. You can find some safe dark chocolate. Go check whatever your fav is because there are a whole lot with unsafe levels some, like Hershey’s, seem high across all dark chocolate products. Trader Joe’s has some with high levels and some with lower. The dataset is sortable too.

I also saw Trader Joe’s is being sued. Waiting for Godiva so I can join. I had their little dark chocolate bars in my cupboard for my six year old child to eat. I am fucking pissed they had enough fucking lead and cadmium to cause her damage. Luckily, she wasn’t eating them every day and had only been eating one mini bar at a time.
Still. Pissed off. We should absolutely have a federal limit on the amount of heavy metals permitted in food.
https://www.reuters.com/legal/trader-joes-is-sued-over-lead-cadmium-levels-dark-chocolate-2023-01-04/uh

20 Likes