Man who repeatedly put sleeping pills in wife's coffee sentenced to just 60 weekend days in jail

37 posts were split to a new topic: Alarmist chemicals

Oh sure, but when you do it to your kids, it’s called a “parenting hack”.

10 Likes

If it was an ugly divorce, how did he have access to her coffee? Were they just not able to afford two living units and the house was not selling?

Old family stories include grandparents interviewing a baby sitter who said getting kids to bed was no problem, just hold them over the unlit gas range until they fall asleep… Needless to say, according to the story, she didn’t get the job.

13 Likes

She really got tired of his shit.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but today I can’t laugh at or Like that. The situation is just too fucked up, on too many levels. I appreciate you trying to keep our spirits up with humor, as always… think I need to go spend some time in the Unicorn Chasers thread.

18 Likes

Not without me you don’t, Unicorn is my middle name.

9 Likes

You’re more than welcome to come along. The more, the merrier! :smile:

9 Likes

OK hang on, I’m not even going to READ the article. But lemme guess…

He’s white, right? Right?

I mean, c’mon this lady is lucky she didn’t die in a car accident or OD outright.
Weekends? pshaw

8 Likes

But she was never bare foot and pregnant and serving on him day and night…she had it comin’!!!

(/s for those that can’t see obvious sarcasm)

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Alarmist chemicals

Of course, he is.

Systemic misogyny mixed with White privilege; “it’s the breakfast of champions.”

17 Likes

This appears to be the story of Pete and Wilma Jerzyck from Needful Things, except less competently executed and with a more realistic ending.

Stephen King must respond

2 Likes

The only thing “extra” anyone should ever put in their spouse’s coffee without asking first or permission…is some bailey’s or bourbon. At least that’s the rule in our house. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Joking aside even that is only OK if you have an ongoing understanding with the person you’re serving. Putting alcohol in someone’s drink without their knowledge is not OK either.

21 Likes

I know you are stating this for other’s sake…I trust.

Because you conveniently left off my qualifying statement…which sort of…ya know…literally addresses the “ongoing understanding with the person” part.

2 Likes

That’s how I read it.

You and your wife have a bond and an established understanding to the point where you can add a splash of ‘firewater’ to one another’s coffee, and that’s okay with each of you; which is fine.

But it needs to be reiterated as much as possible for those in the ‘nosebleeds/cheap seats’:

Giving someone else any drugs or alcohol without their informed consent is illegal, immoral, and it’s grounds for a thorough ass-kicking, where I come from.

21 Likes

I used to know a woman from Afghanistan who showed me some raw opium once…little black beads she rolled between her fingers. She said they used to rub it on the gums of teething infants “back home”. When she saw my reaction she did a lot of “not anymore, not now…” but I dunno !

4 Likes

The whole thing sounds pretty on-brand for Macomb County. It’s like SE Michigan’s own Florida, imo.

Or, the asswipe husband insisted on staying in the house, as is “his God-given right since his name is on the deed.”
Quote comes from a law enforncement officer called to “a domestic” when the next door neighbors complained. The soon-to-be-ex had come back to the marital home after having moved out 2 weeks previously. He woke the family by playing music at full volume at 4AM, and flipped the mattress on his wife’s bed. Since she didn’t have broken bones or obvious bleeding, it didn’t matter. The guy had all the rights, wife & kids had none.

18 Likes