MandalaGaba, a drawing board for creating recursive, symmetrical, tessellating art

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/19/mandalagaba-a-recursive-drawi.html

4 Likes

I’m on BoingBoing! My life is complete.

If you have any ideas, I’m all ears. HackerNews user slx26 mentioned recursive drawing 8 months ago when Mandalagaba was posted there. I couldn’t get the idea out of my brain as was the case with tessellations and radial symmetry before. We found each other again on a new thread yesterday :slight_smile: I had forgotten where the idea came from and so, it was nice to be able to thank the person responsible for it.

Implementing it was a fairly brutal mental exercise as I needed to integrate it with the existing tessellating and radial symmetry engine. Seeing people enjoy the result of this work and make incredible art is a very sweet feeling. It largely compensates for the fact that I can’t draw :slight_smile: At least I can code tools which help people create art.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.