Manson family murderer recommend for parole, California governor says nope

Of course, I’ve not written that anywhere.

2 Likes

That really doesn’t seem to matter. Our last president and the one before were both from states hated states.

Yes, and then she served 5 decades in prison. When the question was put before experts on the case, they didn’t think she posed a continued risk.

4 Likes

and

These factors, though, are only one of the determining factors for parole (in fact it’s not even an explicitly-listed condition). There are three, the very first of which is (emphasis in original):

the circumstances of the crime for which the inmate was given the indeterminate sentence,

The other two are remorse and behavior in prison.

I’ve listed one source. There are others. This guide (a PDF) is more explicit in its first bullet point:

• The person committed the offense in an especially heinous, atrocious or cruel manner. Examples include attacking multiple victims, carrying out the offense in a dispassionate
    or calculated manner, demonstrating an exceptionally callous disregard for human
    suffering, or committing a crime for a motive that is inexplicable or very trivial in relation
    to the offense.

I’m not making a judgment to that effect in this case, because I think the “heinous crime” thing is primary, but “ability to reintegrate” is a factor the parole board is supposed to consider.

2 Likes

Are you suggesting the parole board is unfamiliar with the determining factors for parole, or is somehow less familiar with the details of this case than you or the governor are?

2 Likes

I’ve suggested pretty much everything I can suggest here. So in response to your question I’ll quote what I’ve already written:

1 Like

During the 1969 killing spree, Krenwinkel pursued and stabbed Folger 28 times, Krenwinkel said in court testimony.

It’s bad enough that she stabbed her 28 times, but am I the only one who finds it even more eerie that she actually counted and remembered exactly how many times she stabbed her?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.