Meat

Admin note: deleted personal stuff and responses.

Tip: If your post contains the word “you”, think twice.

3 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

Not at all. I’m saying that it doesn’t make you an asshole to do something simply because another person tells you that you shouldn’t.

1 Like

What kind of Mustard!?!?!?

context

1 Like

This is a thread about meat. So cut the mustard! :wink:

6 Likes

No, I would agree that it wouldn’t. But doing a thing more and “with gusto” simply because someone disagrees that thing; does.

1 Like

What if I cut the cheese instead?

2 Likes

BLASPHEMER!!

3 Likes

That doesn’t seem high at all for the US. Would be curious to see some statistics.

1 Like

So, if a cop tells me to stop filming or go to jail, it would make me an asshole for really enjoying (with gusto) filming them further?
if a racist tells me not to love black people, I would be an asshole for enjoying my mixed race relationship all the more?
If a preacher tells me sodomy is a sin and I will go to hell, I’m an asshole for laughing with enjoyment every time I do it?
I am an asshole, but rebellion isn’t why.

1 Like

You’re not seeing a problem with this?

3 Likes

I shall Break you!!

I think you’ve finally found your profile’s tagline.

4 Likes

Well at least we agree on one thing. :wink:

1 Like

Well then perhaps you’d fully deserve the accusations of “childishness” being flung so unjustly at me upthread.

And back to the topic at hand – please don’t bring much cheese if you do decide to cut it, because large-scale dairy farming is part of the problem too. Just ask, say, Fish and Game New Zealand:

There are now numerous reports over a long period of time by government agencies and regional statutory bodies that have identified the adverse environmental effects of agriculture, and especially intensive dairy farming.

These reports all point to the fact that agriculture in general, and dairy farming in particular, has failed to meet the intent of Parliament as established by the requirements of ss.15 and 17 of the RMA.

The issue has now progressed to the point where public opinion surveys have established that water quality is now perceived as New Zealand’s most significant environmental issue and that intensive agriculture is perceived to be the primary cause of the problem.

1 Like

it’s actually more than you’re thinking. 12-17 with beef, pork, or poultry, the other 4-9 will be fish or game. thus virtually every meal will have meat. i’m really an exception because i will eat the occasional pb&j or a tofu stir fry but my wife and son choose to have meat at every meal.

Thats just so much meat. (For me, this isn’t a value judgement, I just don’t eat that much meat.)

I’m curious how many people this is true for. I think I have woefully underestimated the typical North Americans animal consumption. By like 2/3s…

Yes? Getting pleasure from doing things with more gusto solely because someone doesn’t want you to do them makes you an asshole.

Sometimes being an asshole isn’t all that bad, and it can definitely be enjoyable and even appropriate to act like an asshole… but you’re still an asshole, even then.

2 Likes