Michael Bay walks out of Samsung press conference

we have been fed crap for years and years. I need a movie that will move me. These “hollywood” assjerks remake and degenerate the greats and claim to be movie producers … they are the worst hacks with technology money can buy.

That was way more entertaining than Pearl Harbor.

5 Likes

Here are some suggestions, just for stuff that came out last year. Mostly Hollywood productions, too.
You are welcome.
http://badassdigest.com/2014/01/02/hulks-top-ten-movies-of-2013/

2 Likes

On second thought, that looks like a panic attack, so maybe it is not that funny after all…

Michael Bay is guilty of many artistic crimes, but “remaking and degenerating the greats” is not one of them. The Transformers series is mind-numbingly stupid, but only someone whose mind was clouded with nostalgia could argue that it’s more stupid than the original 1980s toy commercials it’s based on.

2 Likes

I’d argue that all of the Michael Bay Transformers moves are worse than the 1986 animated Eric Idle/Leonard Nemoy/Orson Wells craziness fest. At least in that version I could understand what was going on in the action scenes and the plot made just as much sense. Plus, it didn’t feel like a recruitment poster for the US armed forces.

3 Likes

How could it, with G.I. Joe right there for comparison?

1 Like

I think it’s telling that the modern G.I. Joe movie felt less like a recruitment effort than the modern Transformers movies.

Seriously, when the robots are punching one another (who knows which is which, they both look like a Tasmanian devel that walked through a scrapyard when they move) and the movie suddenly stops to let the US NAVY use it’s totally awesome RAILGUN to blow a big chunk off of one of the robot…YOU WANT TO JOIN RIGHT? Plus plenty of tanks and planes and helicopters and soldiers everywhere trying to look cool.

It made me miss the days of totally pointless plot arcs with crazy three faced aliens that didn’t go anywhere.

1 Like

And I’m sorry, but “The Touch” is way cooler than anything Linkin Park has ever put out. Also, how many movies that aren’t “UHF” have Weird Al in the soundtrack?

All the Michael Bay movies have is well, Megan Fox.

2 Likes

And it’s Megan Fox in crazy girlfriend mode, where she alternates between sticking her ass out so far it was in a different county, and being an asshole to Shia LeBeef (who admittedly deserves it).

1 Like

Michael Bay could use some public speaking tips from Bill “we’ll do it live” O’Reilly.

1 Like

OMG - yes. I’ve been saying this since seeing it. The designs were crap. Then to make matters worse the action framed WAY too tight - all you saw was whirling metal crap. Zoom out, give us a sense of scale and let use see who is who.

I hated Transformers with a passion because of the just retarded plot and story that made no sense. It got too COLD for Megatron and he froze? You mean the same robots who live ON THE MOON???

And why can’t the most advanced cybernetic organism in the galaxy repair Bumblebee’s voice? The tech needed is as primitive as a Soundblaster 16.

2 Likes

I dunno. 4K TV news aside (ugh, who CARES? The viewing distances required to take full advantage of 4K tvs make them essentially useless), I’ve found a few interesting tidbits at this year’s CES so far.

Looks to me like he’s so used to working in film, what went on in his head was, “Crap I screwed up the dialogue, let’s shoot that again, I’ll just walk off and enter again… Oh shit, I can’t just reshoot this, it’s live. And I’m not in charge. Now I look like a moron for trying to walk off stage. How do I salvage this? Wing it? I have no idea what I’m winging. I can’t salvage it. I’m doing more damage with every passing second. I’m shutting this down…NOW.”

If I were him I would have just pointed behind the audience and yelled, “What the fuck is that thing?!” and then start making explosions and laser noises while doing a drop roll off stage.

1 Like

I watch lots of excellent films.

I also enjoyed Bad Boys 2, inexplicably. At least Pegg & Wright share my shame.

Related:

Well, really, who would?

Hes human. Happens to the best of us.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.