Mike Lindell's "free speech" social media platform will ban free speech

Will Lindell’s posts on his new forum count as part of the defamation lawsuit Dominion Voting Systems has already filed against him, or could they file a new defamation suit for these new messages?

3 Likes

The commercial:

“How many times has this happened to you? You’re trying to plan your next act of sedition, but had to give up because of the bad words. There must be a better way to overthrow a government. Well, now there is. Hi, I’m Mike Lindell…”

9 Likes

“You don’t get to use the four swear words: the c-word, the n-word, the f-word, or God’s name in vain,”

Something tells me one of those will be enforced a little more lightly than the rest.

Apparently the below are OK, though:

Shit
Ass
Bastard
■■■■■

5 Likes

Which God can’t I blaspheme? Is it Yahweh? Cause that guy was a fucking asshole
If its Hanuman, thats ok, I won’t take his name in vain

7 Likes

I’m guessing the n-word he’s banning is “Nazi,” since there’s no reason to believe he or his fan base are concerned with offending Black folks.

14 Likes

You are probably at least partly joking. But you could be 100% correct, seeing as neo-nazis and other white supremacists are collectively and actively pretending that “White Nationalist” is not the same as those things and somehow not bad, less violent even while maintaining all the same talking points.

Banning that word would be their fig leaf. I could actually see it being banned instead of the n-word that you and I find offensive.

4 Likes

It’s called “Frank”?

5 Likes

I hope he bets everything on his endeavor, and it bleeds him to bankruptcy.

Anyhow, I don’t think it will succeed.
People like following celebrities and prominent figures, but a neo-Nazi cesspool like Parlor isn’t going to attract too many outside the likes of Ted Nugent and right wing politicians.

4 Likes

Bleat! Bleat! Bleat!

Just like all the other right-wing “free speech” social networks that starting banning people for non-right-wing politics within 24 hours of going live.

It’s only a matter of time before “free speech” is widely seen as a synonym for “hate speech” because that’s how the right has been using it.

7 Likes

This is going to be Christian 8chan without 8chan’s libertarian bent. There’s no way he’s going to allow contrarian liberal voices to set up there, should they be so oddly inclined. He will find some way to get them violated or he’ll just encourage harassing comments until the persons(s) leave.

5 Likes

It’s going to be interesting to see how long that holds up since the kind of people who hang out in those kinds of social media cesspools are rarely able to refrain from using “swear words” or other behavior that’s theoretically frowned upon by Christian conservatives.

5 Likes

Hasn’t it always been?

In The Friends of Voltaire , Hall wrote the phrase: “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”[4] as an illustration of Voltaire’s beliefs.[5] This quotation – which is sometimes misattributed to Voltaire himself – is often cited to describe the principle of freedom of speech.[6][7]
Evelyn Beatrice Hall - Wikipedia

Communists were once regarded by the conventional wisdom as a dire threat to everything that America stands for-- the absolute dregs of humanity who needed to be silenced to preserve a free society. But, by invoking the freedom of speech, these dangerous radicals could be permitted to say their piece, and then be rightly ignored.

Freedom of speech has long been framed as an aboslute principle, that some would choose to use for socially despicable purposes.

Um, excuse me, but the Republican Party has many prominent celebrities who are all currently very famous and highly relevant! Such as Ted Nugent, Scott Baio, Diamond and Silk, Chuck Norris, um … Dennis Miller, let’s see—Steven Seagal, Hulk Hogan, I think? Ben Stein … oh, is Dr. Drew a Republican now?

Anyway, I can’t possibly list all the currently gainfully employed and highly sought-after celebrities who support the Republican Party and Trump in particular, but the list just goes on and on.

3 Likes

Well, good news for them, because they’re also theoretically Christian conservatives!

Oh, so you are familiar with the modern reactionary movement currently known as the GOP.

1 Like

God’s AKA Trump’s name in vain would be more accurate. The worst complainers about being deplatformed will ban you in a second if you politely disagree with their crazy narrative.

Soooo what will happen to pillow criticism?

5 Likes

I’m guessing Lindell’s site will be the technical and cultural equivalent of a circa 1990s AOL chatroom.

2 Likes

Some bangin’ tunes in that movie!

3 Likes