Mozilla CAN change the industry: by adding DRM, they change it for the worse

Does anyone have any actual technical data showing how this is different than watching Netflix through the Silverlight plugin?

This isn’t a technical issue for those who oppose this move by Mozilla. If you read the multiple statements linked by boing boing in several posts, they explain this in detail.

While I don’t fully agree with some of their points, I can at least respect their point of view that this is clearly a move that the Mozilla Foundation is doing against its own, stated principles.

There’s an awfully high level of histrionics over what seems to be, in the end, a plugin…

In the end, it’s really about principles for those who are against acceptance of this form of DRM in a self-professed open platform. And calling people melodramatic for standing up for their principles seems overly dismissive in my opinion.

I don’t necessarily agree with everyone who is against Mozilla’s decision, but I also don’t find the insulting need to claim they are being histrionic for standing against DRM and standing for principles.

4 Likes