#NeedsMoreLikes

6 Likes

4 Likes

I mean, if you’re up to liking anything…

3 Likes
2 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

Real talk:

7 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I can see why it didn’t get hardly any love, because the vid contains some uncomfortable truths that are rather hard to hear, but the way the speaker expresses herself on the subject is brilliant, IMO; sharing the video clip totally deserves ‘all the likes’…

6 Likes

Yes! As I said over there, she’s awesome (and so is her book).

I wish BB would put this Big Think on the front page, as it has with others.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Heh, I lived this… drove me out of fandom. The white fans were LOLing at the very concept they could have racial biases, they were married to a Syrian, a Mexican, their stepbrother was black, their best friend was an adopted Korean and she thinks just like a white person. And me, I’m a second generation Chinese Canadian, it’s not like I have first hand knowledge of China (nevermind that my folks aren’t from China either), in the first place! They should know… somehow.

I still find it hard to watch Star Trek: TNG for this reason (I used to love it, but now, much comes off as smarmy to me). And I know it’s shallow of me, but I hate how so many of those people I dealt with in fandom ended up at tor.com or ended up as high up editors in SF.

EDIT: OH and I forgot the condescension… I believe the line was “It’s good of you to admit you might have some resentment over your position as a minority in a majority white society, but don’t assume that we as individuals hold racial biases just because you do.” ARGH, so infuriating!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Especially the bone conduction.
Well spotter, @Tamsin_Bailey

1 Like
8 Likes

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/nbc-confirms-megyn-kelly-kicked-off-today-show-after-her-blackface-comments/131985/49?u=milliefink

2 Likes

Heh.

8 Likes

This pulls everything into perspective…

8 Likes