New documentary explores how Roy Lichtenstein got famous off of plagiarism

Yep Yes GIF by GEICO

Welcome to the art world!

David Byrne Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 Likes

Holy shit… so much this. Our society only using money as a measuring stick of worth has really got to go…

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

4 Likes

Seems a lot of folks here mistake pure monetary value with artistic merit and/or value to the owner.

3 Likes

And a lot of folks are just pretentious gate-keeping know-it-alls. As our fellow artist knoxblox said:

4 Likes

I collect (and read and enjoy) comics, and I love that wall! Well done!

1 Like

We went for a more collage style when we used vintage Diabolik and Topolino comics to update boxes, picture frames, shelves and our improvised kitchen extension. Don’t have much left over, but it was always neat watching people get closer to actually read the comics.

4 Likes

Neat!

My guitar is the same.

8 Likes

Live Music Ukulele GIF by VISUEELTJES

Off-topic, but I spy a uke!

2 Likes

That looks really nice! I like the logo being so perfectly cut out as well, scratches my OCD itches :smiley:

1 Like

It’s not off-topic, it has a Wonder Woman sticker on it so it also involves Pop Art ephemera :wink:

5 Likes

There is a circular logic to it—X is great because somebody paid big money for it, but then they only paid big money because it was “great” … and ultimately it’s all smoke and mirrors and which people went to art school together

They have to be snobby because they literally get paid less if they don’t, so they’re not gonna stop

They have to be snobby because they literally get paid less if they don’t, so they’re not gonna stop

Agree. There is of course a lot of beautiful, worthy and thought-provoking art made possible through the fine arts world too. This is just a shite part of that whole picture…a unfortunate part of its overall composition, one could say.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.