New York City recycling facilities receive 1,200 bowling balls each year

omg, i remember that! that was very, VERY fun.

4 Likes

Ok so like now we need a project that uses… checks notes

-worth of bowling balls. And a lot of lumber, because I know nothing about welding.

Oh hey and while we’re at, why not also get into tHe FrEe EnErGy industry:

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Bowling is actually growing as a competition sports, with many high schools and colleges/universities adding teams. Maybe this is mainly happening in rural areas, but it is happening. Which is smart for the sport, actually, as parents spend a fortune on any activity that might get junior a $400 scholarship somewhere…

1 Like

Variation on #3: start a new fitness fad. Juggling bowling balls as the new crossfit.

4 Likes

There’s another variation this puts me in mind: put the bowling bowls in bowling bags with reinforced handles to be used as “kettle bell” weights.

2 Likes

Ha! Just had to explain to GirlChild when recently thrift shopping for a hawaiian shirt for a school costume day, why I was buying a lone bowling pin.

Hitting a bowling pin at a few hundred yards is also a lot of fun.

2 Likes

How are you at Texas Hold’em?

4 Likes

my first thought was sell them to the naval industry as balast. but I suppose there’s probably some high tech thing being used nowadays instead of the old four-masters filled with flagstones. but maybe not? you’d have to pack them in tightly and bind the edges to keep them from rolling around, but subsequent layers would nest into the base layer like those old stacks of canon balls.

2 Likes

It’s not false, I know I haven’t been bowling in years.

2 Likes

Oh, rellay making it on the Polka circuit can be brutally tough.

giphy (4)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.